PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania - how about 2 or 3 more?

sbwillie
12-19-2010, 01:59 PM
As we all know, TSM is a hour plus wait in about 30 minutes and fast pass sells out for the day in about 2 hours. My wife was thinking "Why don't they make about 3 more of them (or similiar) if they are so popluar? I'm also thinking, why don't they instead of coming up with some pretty lame ride/attractions in the parks - how about going with something that works. You would think it would cost less too since have done it once..

So... Why don't they??? Whach'a think?

Hair_Razor
12-19-2010, 02:14 PM
First it"s a popular ride now and will always be a big draw ride for the park (like TOT and RnR) but just like any new ride something new will come along and we'll be saying the same things. Second if they make 3 more of the same thing won"t everyone just complain that they have 3 of the same ride.

sbwillie
12-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Good points. How about maybe simliar rides at other parks Kinda like Star Tours and - was it Body Wars? Maybe tht supports your point

Hair_Razor
12-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Haha, kinda. I guess the whole point for both of us is it's time to add more exciting rides to all the parks!!:thumbsup:

Buttercup
12-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Nah, I don't want 2 or 3 more Toy Story Mania type rides scattered around the parks. Why? Well, there's Buzz Lightyear which is also a shooting-while-riding type attraction, so that's similar enough for me. Any more than that, and it starts to be overkill of the same stuff, just cheaply repeated everywhere else. It would be kind-of like "Why bother going to Epcot today - it's just the same rehashed rides as here at HS"... so not a good idea at all.

And notice how Body Wars is closed now (because nobody ever went into that pavillion much anymore)? :)

The thrill of Toy Story Mania will lose it's appeal after a while when something else cool comes along in the Disney franchise. I don't expect it will be swamped forever. :mickey:

paragon
12-20-2010, 08:13 AM
My guess, is that eventually the wait times will shorten, over time. Just think about this...remember when there was no such thing as a fast pass?? I can clearly remember Space Mountain almost always had a rediculous wait time before fastpass. ( unless you knew of the trick to use the left line instead of the right line-the left sides were always shorter in every case ),

crltkcagle
12-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Hopefully in the next couple years the popularity of this ride will decrease and the lines will shorten. Its still Disney's newest thing so everyone wants to ride it. We are usually able to ride it three times in one day if we get there at rope drop. I get in line to ride while my husband goes to the fp line. Then after we have used our fp we usually get another fp for later that evening. This way my kids are happy that they get to ride it more than once. :mickey:

joonyer
12-21-2010, 04:00 PM
There is no financial incentive whatsoever for Disney to build another of the same attraction, especially in the same park, since guests do not pay per ride on attractions. They are only concerned about selling gate admissions, (park passes), they don't make any more money (not directly anyway) by having shorter waits to attractions. It cost them the same to staff and operate the attraction everyday, regardless of how long the wait to ride it is.

finaldynasty
01-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I think the key is to not wait so long to open up a new ride. I know the focus it to expand Fantasyland, but Epcot and AK need new rides. Last I checked they have not added a ride at either since 2007 or so. Plus, TTM is a couple years old now.

brownie
01-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Something new will eventually come along and replace Toy Story Mania as the most popular attraction in the park. If you build 2 or 3 more of the same attraction, you will eventually have too much capacity and have show buildings that aren't used.

RBrooksC
01-13-2011, 09:34 AM
What I am curious to see is if the new Star Tours ride will siphon off some of the riders from TSM when it reopens.

The rides are on opposite ends of the park which is usually what Disney does to load balance the park attendance.

Dyanna
01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
We went to DHS this past Monday & the wait time was 110 minutes! Fast passes were gone before 1030am.

RBrooksC
01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
The reason for the long lines are two-fold. First off, the capacity is limited. So, that is part of the problem. Also, having a Fast Pass line creates a longer standby line. So, the standby wait time is inflated because the Fast Pass people get priority over everybody else.

In Disneyland, TSM does not have a Fast Pass line.

Ian
01-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't be too fast on the whole "the novelty will wear off eventually" argument.

That's proven historically to not really be the case. Take Soarin', which is six years old and still has crazy long lines all the time. Ditto for Test Track ... that ride is almost a decade old now and it still draws huge crowds and lines.

The bottom line is that, in every park except Magic Kingdom, there are very few truly great rides which means that 90% of the people in a given theme park are probably there for one of maybe three attractions tops.

Epcot - Soarin' & Test Track

DHS - TSM, ToT, RRC

AK - Safari & Everest