PDA

View Full Version : Castle Icicle Lights

Altair
12-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I've had the chance to see these three years now and just want to say this is the best piece of Imagineering I've seen in a long time. It is just beautiful at night and to top it off they are almost invisable during the day. I hope these imagineers got a bonus and promotion. Great job.:thumbsup:

The new queue for Winnie the Pooh isn't bad either. The ride was walk on last week, but children and adults were playing with the displays. Athough this may slow things down in peak seasons.

May Imagineering isn't dead after all.:mickey:

Granny Jill A
12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I've had the chance to see these three years now and just want to say this is the best piece of Imagineering I've seen in a long time. It is just beautiful at night and to top it off they are almost invisable during the day. I hope these imagineers got a bonus and promotion. Great job.:thumbsup:

The new queue for Winnie the Pooh isn't bad either. The ride was walk on last week, but children and adults were playing with the displays. Athough this may slow things down in peak seasons.

May Imagineering isn't dead after all.:mickey:

The castle lights are breathtaking. I agree that a thumbsup is in order.

I missed the new Pooh queue (oooo-that rhymes way too much). They still had it blocked off when I was there in November. Rats. Oh well, I'll just have to go back again.

forever a child
12-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Have to agree that the Castle was Beautiful! I kept stopping to take photos of it at night and DD kept going to get on to our next ride...she's turn around and I was far behind still taking photos. I got scolded a bit because of that, LOL!

The pooh ques were great...but then I saw children picking there noses and well...the thrill wore off!:(

ThanxForNoticin
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
The castle is amazing. Absolutely spectacular in person.....

Mogie
12-22-2010, 10:57 AM
On sunday Samantha Brown's Disney Xmas special was on and she met with the imagineers and talked about how the Castle lights were designed. Theyre basically ordinary Xmas lights woven into fishing nets. The fishing nets are dyed to match the different colors of the castle exactly...greyish walls and blue roofs so that it blends in and isnt really noticable by the naked eye. Definitely worth watching next time you channel surf past Travel Channel.