PDA

View Full Version : Getting in the Show

Gator
12-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Post 2010: The most recent trip we took was in January 2010. We got to buy some DVC points to stay at the AKL-Kidani, which was great. But what made this trip so memorable was that I was selected twice to be in a live show.

The first show was the Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Hollywood Studios. I was selected out of the audience. Being an Indy fan, that was great. But what was even better was that I was selected from the handful of audience members to have my own "death scene". :D I made sure when I was selected to run up the stairs and ask for the pink robe. From all my video, whoever is wearing it was picked for the death scene. Didn't figure this out until after I got home.

The second show I was picked for was the World Showcase Player's "Holy Grail" show. Man, was I pumped. I saw this show on my first trip - absolutely loved it - and don't miss it each trip. Year after year, I see other people get picked, and it's fun to see different people and how they react. But this time, I was chosen. They snuck behind me and layed the crown of King Arthur on my head. :party: WooHoo!! It was so cool to be in the show. And they even gave me a WSP pin afterwards, though someone swiped it off my bag later in the trip. Still, it's on video for me to enjoy forever.

Anybody else get selected for the live shows?

Altair
12-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I was in the Holy Grail skit also, but the best was being picked as the bodyguard for the Sword in the Stone show. When Merlin was going to give the boy his Temporary Ruler of the Realm medallion he ran away screaming, so Merlin gave it to me. I didn't pinch him, I swear. I always want to wear it around MK and see what reaction I get from the CM's.:mickey:

TheVBs
12-18-2010, 03:12 PM
One of my favorite memories of our last trip is DH getting chosen to be in the Indiana Jones show. :mickey: I'm a huge fan of the movies (except that last one). Being chosen for a WSP show must be awesome too. As long as it's DH, not me!

Mousemates
12-18-2010, 06:58 PM
My first "performance" actually occured in what I remember to be the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon way back in 1974...I played a calvaryman and some of my cousins played indians.

Our most "voluminous performance experience" occurred on a trip in 2000 when my wife was in the Indiana Jones show, I was in the PT boat movie at the studios and our kids were selected to march in the Festival of the Lion King.

Melanie
12-18-2010, 08:02 PM
I was in the 'Holy Grail' show years ago, and my husband was chosen for the Pearl Harbor scene in the Backstage Tour. Fun times!

garymacd
12-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I was selected for Indiana Jones this last trip. My daughters recorded it and put it on YouTube. I don't know if I was more embarassed being on stage or watching afterwards where everyone could see it.

I did enjoy myself, though, and since I was wearing a P90X shirt and the casting director made such a fuss about it, people kept coming up to me in the park during the day and making comments. That was cool, and sometimes a little unsettling.

TinkerbellsMom
12-22-2010, 05:52 AM
On our honeymoon in 1991, we were watching the Diamond Horseshoe Review (miss that show) and the cowboy came behind my chair, spun it around, got on his knees, and sung to me..."we all want to marry Marie"! It was awesome!!

Same trip, we were in Adventurers Club (another lost treasure) and the stone wall character ask DH to turn around and shake his "booty" during the performance. He was so embrassed, it was great!!

ChipNDale79
12-22-2010, 08:36 AM
2 years ago my wife and i were at DHS for the opening of the park, we were chosen to be a part of the park's opening.

We got to stand on the back of an old car (later found out it was used by Walt Disney himself to give tours of Disneyland) and had a few lines in the show. We were driven in the car to RR and were the first to ride it for the day.

tyandskyesmom
12-22-2010, 08:56 AM
A couple of years ago when Tyler was about 9, he was chosen to be Gaston in Belle's Storytime.

He loved it...Skye was a bit perturbed that he got to be in it and she didn't but she loved watching her brother be Gaston.

wildernesslady
12-22-2010, 09:42 AM
My husband was a contestant on Who wants to be a Millionaire. He made it to the last question which would have won us a Disney Cruise. I don't remember the question, but the answer was Mongolian Soy Bean. He wan't up on his info about that. It was so much fun to watch him in the hot seat.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
12-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I was in the stunt spectacular too. It was fun and an all time high point for me. Got complimented by the "director" for shadow boxing during indy's fight.

joanna71985
12-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I've also been in the Indiana Jones show

Buttercup
12-22-2010, 02:46 PM
In the late 80's/early 90's, I played "Maryanne" in the Gilligan's Island segment of Superstar TV.
:thumbsup: