PDA

View Full Version : Should i consider Dining Plan?

Crow
12-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Just booked a room only trip in Feb thru ME as a suprise Christmas gift for my gf/fiancee.
Have 2 reservations since Im splitting the stay, arriving late on Thurs-for 3 nights at POP then CS Sun-Thurs..
I know that I would have to change 1 of the reserves to a pkg w tickets & DDP if i do this. other factors are: I will probably go to Universal a day or 2, our arrival is after 9 Thurs night and I have restaurante certificates to Kimonos, BlueZoo & House of Blues I could use.
Make the first reservation a MYW w dining? I could using the dining up til midnight on Sunday, and just add a few days to admission.
She isnt always a big eater when we go out, but I like to eat at TS places at WDW.

faline
12-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Personally, I've found that the dining plan isn't always the best option especially since you say your girlfriend isn't a big eater. Oftentimes, I prefer an appetizer to a dessert. At meal's end, I'm often too full for dessert. You may find that paying for what you want to eat costs less than purchasing the dining plan.

By the way, that's a terrific present! Wish that was under my tree!

finaldynasty
12-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Personally, I've found that the dining plan isn't always the best option especially since you say your girlfriend isn't a big eater. Oftentimes, I prefer an appetizer to a dessert. At meal's end, I'm often too full for dessert. You may find that paying for what you want to eat costs less than purchasing the dining plan.

By the way, that's a terrific present! Wish that was under my tree!

I agree with the PP. I would recommend feeling it out this time and consider getting the plan next go round.

Crow
12-19-2010, 10:13 AM
thanks.
I also prefer apps over dessert. But I also like to eat at TS places on Disney trips. Probly wont get the plan we will see

forever a child
12-20-2010, 10:56 PM
I have paid OOP for four trips and our Dec trip was the first time I used the DDP. Based on what you have described for your upcoming trip...it sounds like you would be better off paying out of pocket.

mom2morgan
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm a dining plan fan, but I'm not sure it would work well for you with the other factors on this trip. It's almost a "backwards" set up from what we plan to do on our next trip - we are staying Pop for the first few days and using those "cheap" days to go off site to Universal and Seaworld, so we are NOT doing the dining plan for that portion. Then we move to a mod or deluxe and stay on Disney property, so we WILL book dining for that portion.

Crow
12-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm a dining plan fan, but I'm not sure it would work well for you with the other factors on this trip. It's almost a "backwards" set up from what we plan to do on our next trip - we are staying Pop for the first few days and using those "cheap" days to go off site to Universal and Seaworld, so we are NOT doing the dining plan for that portion. Then we move to a mod or deluxe and stay on Disney property, so we WILL book dining for that portion.

thats what i was almost thinking of doing..using the first few Pop days for Universal then booking the DDP for my CSR days. but i dont know if i could b so close to the parks and resist entering them.