PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian

clausjo
12-17-2010, 05:48 PM
I'd like to do this again when we're there the first week in February, but don't exactly know when it will fit into our schedule yet. I'd like to "wing it" if we can. When my daughter and I did this in June, there were plenty of empty tables even though the parks were terribly crowded. I'm thinking my chances are pretty good for a walk up in February when the crowds are smaller. Any thoughts? My daughter has asked to do this because it is now "our special thing".

faline
12-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Hard to tell. We've only done it once but, when we checked in, we were told it usually sells out. However, we also witnessed a group of 5-6 ladies who were seated and who did not have reservations. They arrived before it officially opened so that may also have helped them with their walk-in status.

Strmchsr
12-17-2010, 06:59 PM
:ditto: DW has done it a couple of times, both times with ADRs. She's also tried on 2 occasions to get in without an ADR and was unable either time. That doesn't mean that you won't, but if it's something really special to your daughter I think you would be safer making the reservation. Yes, crowds are smaller in February than June usually, but they also have smaller staff and less reservations taken, so it kind of cancels out.