PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare or Cape May

sommer
12-16-2010, 06:24 PM
We had a res. for Chef Mickey's on our last day for breakfast, well our flight time changed and I don't think we'll have time to go there anymore. Our new choices are 1900 Park Fare or Cape May (still for breakfast). We have 3 kids DD9, DS7 & DS2. Which would you recommend?

jonahbear2006
12-16-2010, 07:14 PM
cape may cafe, hands down! the food is sooo much better and besides all of the food, the tables have a coloring paper on them and is quieter and more relaxing. id never pick mickeys over this place

DizneyRox
12-16-2010, 07:14 PM
If time is an issue, I'm not sure you can get to Cape May is any reasonable amount of time. Chef Mickeys is a bus to the Contemporary and then a quick walk. 1900 is a bus to the Grand and a boat to GF. Both are probably equal time.

Cape May (unless you're staying at BC/YC or BW) will require a bus to a park (preferrably MGM) and then quite a hike to BC. I wouldn't count on a double bus trip (resort to park and then park to resort) to get you there much before 10:30am. Busses to a resort are hard to come by early in the AM.

If you're taking a taxi, then I'd do Cape May.

mom2morgan
12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd ordinarily recoment Cape May, but with a tight time frame Park Fare might be more do-able. ALTHOUGH - if it was my last morning and I wanted to make best use of it, I'd be willing to take a cab. Shouldn't be more that $10 or so.

We had a res. for Chef Mickey's on our last day for breakfast, well our flight time changed and I don't think we'll have time to go there anymore. Our new choices are 1900 Park Fare or Cape May (still for breakfast). We have 3 kids DD9, DS7 & DS2. Which would you recommend?

sommer
12-16-2010, 07:55 PM
thanks for the responses... I will probably get a cab to relieve some of my stress - and then we'll have more time to pack up and get ready to go.

lovin'fl
12-16-2010, 08:27 PM
You can get a bus to the Boardwalk and then walk over to Beach Club, no?

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Here's a vote for Cape May. We've eaten here a few times, both breakfast and dinner and we've always had a great meal. The one time we tried 1900 Parkfair we were so disappointed. We ALWAYS give a place at least a second try. This is the one place we'll never bother trying again. It was just to bad to risk a repeat. Worst meal I've had anywhere, let alone WDW.

jonahbear2006
12-17-2010, 11:05 AM
we had to take a cab once to get back to the resort from ohanas and let me tell ya, that was fantastic. He was a great cab driver and very fast. It cost us $10 and we gave him $3 tip going from ohana to beach club. The best $10 I ever spent with 4 kids sleeping on us.