PDA

View Full Version : Akershus (Norway) without kids?

MarkC
12-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Several years ago we enjoyed the buffet at Norway before it became the princess storybook, etc. I love the salmon and we would like to try it again. However, it will just be my wife and I (we're 50ish). Are we wasting our time and money or are there other couples like us without little ones as well. My wife probably won't let me run off with a princess anyway, so what's the point? Ha. Thanks for anyone's opinion.

Donald's Girl
12-16-2010, 06:06 PM
We absolutely love the food at Akershus (especially the Koldbordt!) so continue to eat there and don't worry about the Princesses. Because the food is so unique, I've always thought it is a poor choice for Princess meals since I've heard many people complain about the food. I always worry they may change the menu because of this!

Just go and enjoy the food--we let the Princesses devote more time to the kids. And don't forget, the best dessert platter I've ever had!

faline
12-16-2010, 06:11 PM
If we waited to have children with us when we dine at character meal locations, we'd have to cross a lot of dining locations off our list! Typically, now, my husband and I will schedule a reservation at a character meal location. In the last couple/few years, we've dined at 1900 Park Faire, Cinderella's Royal Table, and, yes, Akershus! Go, enjoy, and don't worry about whether you'll fit in or not - once you arrive, you'll find there are plenty of other childless couples of all ages among the diners!

Ms. Mode
12-17-2010, 09:02 AM
...and it's so much fun to interact with the characters as an adult! :thumbsup:

WDWCrazyKaren
12-17-2010, 09:10 AM
DH and I will be there in 17 days without kids, enjoying breakfast with the princesses! He rolled his eyes at me when I make the ressies, but I saw him smile when he turned away.

We plan on having a great time, and getting our picture with Belle, and frankly just enjoying a lovely meal, watching the excitement of other kids unfold around us, then being able to walk away from them when they start to cry. :thumbsup:

Go! Have an awesome time!