PDA

View Full Version : Hubby on his way home from Iraq!

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2010, 10:10 AM
As many of you know my DH was away this entire year on his second deployment to Iraq. First I want to thank all of you who wished us well and sent prayers and pixie dust at the beginning of the year when he left. It meant a lot to me to see how many people cared. I can't believe how fast this year went by.

He left Iraq sometime last week, and finally left Kuwait last night. He is currently on his way from Ireland to the US and should be at his final destination sometime late tonight/early tomorrow morning. After a few days of post deployment stuff he'll be home just in time for the holidays.

I'm so thrilled to have him home for the holidays. So thankfull that this deployment is finally over. But at the same time I'll be so nervous until that final flight has landed.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my good news with my Intercot family. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your families!

Dulcee
12-16-2010, 10:20 AM
:thumbsup: Congrats and safe traveling to your husband! What a very special Christmas you will have this year!

KylesMom
12-16-2010, 10:27 AM
What wonderful news, Denise! I'm so happy that you'll be together for the holidays. Have a wonderful Chrismas & God Bless! :mickey:

TheVBs
12-16-2010, 10:52 AM
What great news! :mickey: I'm so glad he's coming home.

jodijo
12-16-2010, 11:13 AM
That is awesome news! I am so happy for you and your family!

faline
12-16-2010, 12:14 PM
What a wonderful holiday gift for you and your family!

And...another big THANK YOU to your spouse for all he has done and to you and your family members for all you have sacrificed for his service!

princessgirls
12-16-2010, 12:15 PM
That's Awesome news Denise! I'm so happy for you and your boys!

God Bless our military and your husband for the sacrifice he makes EVERY day for MY Freedom!

Merry Christmas!

Julie:mickey:

AnnaMom
12-16-2010, 12:19 PM
What Wonderful news in time for Holidays! Tell your husband thank you for serving our country.

clausjo
12-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think you and your family could have asked for a better gift! Contratulations, safe travels for your husband, and please, tell him "thank you" for all he's done for our country!

A big thank you to all the other military families out there!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Nascfan
12-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Denise, that is wonderful news! Thank him for all of us when you see him, after the hugs and kisses you will be giving each other, of course. ;)

Daisy'sMom
12-16-2010, 02:13 PM
What a wonderful gift you are receiving. Thank you to your family from ours for all you sacrifice.:mickey:
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year:mickey:

Melanie
12-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Awesome, awesome news! :hug: Happy homecoming!!!! :flag:

SBETigg
12-16-2010, 04:07 PM
That's fantastic news! Congratulations, and best wishes for a very happy holiday.

vicster
12-16-2010, 04:41 PM
What a great Christmas present! Happy holidays to you and your family!

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Just an update. His final flight has landed. Now he just has to get through a bunch of post deployment mumble jumble, and he'll be home in a few days. We're thinking Monday or Tuesday! Thanks so much for all the well wishes and "Thank yous", it means a lot to me.

faline
12-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Oh my goodnesss! You must be so excited! I hate the waiting stance you must be in now!

BrerGnat
12-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Yay for you guys!!! And, good job holding down the homefront mama!

DH just returned from Afghanistan 2 days before Thanksgiving. It is SO nice to have him home!

Have a wonderful holiday with your family complete again!!! :party:

Melanie
12-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Just an update. His final flight has landed. Now he just has to get through a bunch of post deployment mumble jumble, and he'll be home in a few days. We're thinking Monday or Tuesday! Thanks so much for all the well wishes and "Thank yous", it means a lot to me.

Is he by chance coming through Tampa?

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Is he by chance coming through Tampa?

No, he is in Gulf Port, Miss. He'll be at Camp Shelby for the next few days then they bus to Louisiana.

Melanie
12-16-2010, 08:48 PM
No, he is in Gulf Port, Miss. He'll be at Camp Shelby for the next few days then they bus to Louisiana.

Okay, I just know a lot of them come through here for processing. Hopefully these next few days will fly by for you and the boys!

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Yay for you guys!!! And, good job holding down the homefront mama!

DH just returned from Afghanistan 2 days before Thanksgiving. It is SO nice to have him home!

Have a wonderful holiday with your family complete again!!! :party:

Natalie,

That's awesome. I didn't know your DH had just returned. I'm thrilled for you and your boys. Yours are still a good bit younger than mine so I know what a huge job you've had as well. Good job on your end too. We can both celebrate the holidays with our families complete. Can't get much better than that! I wish your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

vizsla
12-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Glad to hear he his returning home safe and sound.:thumbsup:

Joannelet
12-17-2010, 04:10 PM
What a wonderful Christmas gift this is!!! :)
God Bless and enjoy!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

magicofdisney
12-17-2010, 05:03 PM
So happy for your family that he can be there for Christmas time. My husband was active duty during Desert Storm but never deployed overseas. My BIL just returned from the Middle East prior to Thanksgiving. I love these family reunions!

crazypoohbear
12-17-2010, 07:30 PM
That is great news. You will all have a wonderful merry Christmas for sure!
When he gets home please give him an extra hug and kiss from all of us along with a heartfelt THANK YOU!
Happy new year!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-17-2010, 11:32 PM
There really is magic in the air during the holiday season. I'm so glad he's home and hope they can ALL come home soon. Tell him thanks from me and have a very Happy Holiday Season.