PDA

View Full Version : ?s about Rose and Crowne

EPCOTcoffeegirl
12-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi guys!

My family (mum, brother, myself) have ADRS at 5pm on Christmas Day at the Rose and Crowne.

We are doing the CP Dining Package and chose to see the 8:15pm CP.

We chose R&C for a few reasons--some friends have mentioned enjoying the atmosphere, it'd be fun to spend Christmas in the "UK", and my brother has autism and the simple sort of food options like Fish and Chips will allow for his pickier palate to be sated :)

I just have a few questions:
--For those who enjoy eating here, what are your favorite menu options? (appetizer, entree, and dessert)
--what menu items should be avoided?

and lastly
--I've noted some people saying that with the crowds, the turnaround on tables has taken a bit longer. if our ADRs are at 5, should we show up earlier than 4:30 to check in or will that be okay?

thanks for any info! a week from today we will be arriving in the world!:mickey::cloud9:

SBETigg
12-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Show up 15-20 minutes early for ADRs, as recommended by WDW. If you have a 5 pm ADR, it's really 4:40-4:45 that you're anticipated to arrive. And yes, you might be seated later than expected, but they're usually still pretty on target at 5. It's the later seatings that tend to have longer waits, if there are waits.

Rose and Crown is a fun but relaxing place to eat. I see they have recently updated the menu, and a lot of things look good. The potato and leek soup is excellent. I also like the Scotch Egg. The bangers and mash, and fish and chips are good choices, but there are some menu additions (like the Fisherman's Stew and Sunday Roast) that I haven't tried but look really good. Desserts, not much outstanding for me but the Sticky Toffee Pudding is something to try perhaps.

faline
12-15-2010, 06:49 PM
I've really enjoyed the fish and chips here. We've also had a nice cheese plate as an appetizer. I know we've done dessert here but can't remember what I've had.

ElenitaB
12-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll confess... I'm utterly jealous. I think you picked a great place for Christmas dinner.

As for the food: my favorite appetizer from there has been retired (the stewed mushrooms). As for entrees, I'm partial to the fish and chips, the chicken and mushroom pie or the cottage pie. Our last visit both my DH and my DS had the Surf and Turf and both loved it. (An aside: my DS has asked for a home version of the Sunday Roast for Christmas dinner here at home.) I've never had dessert there as I'm generally way too full from the first two courses.

Enjoy!

EPCOTcoffeegirl
12-15-2010, 08:33 PM
^I know! I am usually not a three-course meal type of person, except maybe at The Melting Pot! However, the dining plan package includes all three so I'm going to do my best!

Isn't there a barman at the R&C that has been there some time?

TheVBs
12-16-2010, 10:44 AM
We ate there a couple of trips ago and really enjoyed it! I had the Fish & Chips - great! DH had a pork dish, which he said was good. My MIL had the Bangers and Mash, which was easily the best meal of the three.

mom2morgan
12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Our family enjoyed all the entrees - my personal fave is the fish and chips. I was surprised they didn't have fish and chips on the Children's menu! But when I asked our server agreed that it was silly, and said they do one on request (I know you don't have any children in your party, but I thought that was a nice touch service-wise!). I'm a dessert person and didn't really like any of their dessert options, though. They were okay, but could has easily have been skipped. I'd suggest appy's and entrees, and stop at one of the QS bakery's for dessert, if it isn't too unsettling for your brother.

joonyer
12-16-2010, 03:39 PM
The stewed mushroom appetizer at Rose & Crown is Yummy!

2MuchWDFun
12-16-2010, 05:29 PM
I can second the cheese plate as an appetizer---especially nice with a glass of wine.

My husband loves the fish and chips, I had the roasted pork last time--delicious. For dessert we had the sticky toffee pudding.
I know your family will have a great time!