PDA

View Full Version : Is Captain's Grille worth the trip from FW?

sportsguy2315
12-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I've been looking at ADR's for my trip in January and Captain's has a time that will work. I've read in numerous places how it's "good if you're in the Epcot resort area". We're staying at FW and are going to Epcot during the trip. Is CG worth a trip by itself, or should we lump it in with our Epcot day that already has EMH?

lynnek
12-14-2010, 03:29 PM
We were actually pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. We found the food good and the atmosphere very nice. Service was relaxed but not slow. Also, after reviewing our receipts from our trip, this was less expensive than a lot of other more talked about places, and better!

laprana
12-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I think it would be worth the trip! We ate there for the first time this past May and had a really great dinner, one of the best of our trip! I recommend the crab legs! :tasty:

TinkiTime1989
12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I ate there when my family visited at Thanksgiving. The food was WONDERFUL as was our server.

MizMissy
12-15-2010, 11:23 AM
We enjoyed our meal at Captain's Grille our last trip. The kids' offerings were the same as other places (not imaginative at all), my husband had the crab legs, I had the crab cakes. Not the best I've ever eaten ... although I am a pretty tough judge of crab cakes, but mostly we enjoyed the atmosphere and service. It was a quiet meal, not crowded and loud like all of the other restuarants. It was towards the end of our trip and that was a nice change of pace. We also enjoyed walking in the Boardwalk area, seeing those resorts and our dinner was early enough, that we walked to EPCOT and had a great viewing of Illuminations.