PDA

View Full Version : Discovering Christmas at WDW

Gator
12-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Post 2006: On my third trip to WDW in 2006, we went in December. We had heard so much about Christmas that we just had to go. And we weren't disappointed.

The MVMCP at the MK was really great. The parades, the extra fireworks, the shows, and the cookies made it really festive. Oh, and the snow on main street was really cool.

The other parks had great decorations for Christmas, but what made WDW really great was Epcot. The Candlelight Processional was just incredible - we got Mario Lopez and Stephen Curtis Chapman as our readers and they were both great. But the amazing part was the Christmas addition to Illuminations. Absolutely AMAZING! And then add all the Christmas extras at the World Showcase - Voices of Liberty doing Christmas songs, and the Christmas show by the World Showcase players.

What a great time of year to go there. So great that two years later we went back for Christmas. Look for my next dated post in the Dining area in just a few days.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-14-2010, 01:43 PM
We've always gone either in December or first of January when everything's still decorated...nothing like Disney at Christmas

Joannelet
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM
it's the best time to go! :)

Mousemates
12-14-2010, 05:02 PM
We've always gone either in December or first of January when everything's still decorated...nothing like Disney at Christmas

it's the best time to go! :)

:ditto: to the second power.

MickyLuver
12-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree that Christmas is so wonderful at Disney. We hotel hop and look at their decorations. It is a great scene and a great feeling during the holiday.