PDA

View Full Version : Where is Captain Eo at Epcot?

jean in nh
12-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Can someone tell me where at Epcot Captain EO is? Thank you.:mickey:

KylesMom
12-13-2010, 10:52 PM
If you're familiar with Epcot, it's where the former "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" attraction was - adjacent to Journey Into Imagination. :mickey:

jean in nh
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks-I will pass on the information to my family going there tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Scar
12-14-2010, 09:21 AM
For me, it was located in a nice place to take a nap. :sleepin:

Mousemates
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
For me, it was located in a nice place to take a nap. :sleepin:

:ditto:...way too much pre-show for my tastes, by the time it got started I was already drowsy.

MickeysBestPal
12-14-2010, 07:29 PM
...way too much pre-show for my tastes, by the time it got started I was already drowsy.

The pre-show is (roughly) as long as the main show, itself.

That's the way it has always worked there...
Load the theater, close the theater doors, load the Pre-show area, start both the main and pre-show.
When both shows are over, the theater doors open, and the cycle begins again.

CaptainSad
12-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Wrong.. The pre show is not as long as EO. It does not start at the same time. When you go into the pre show area the other show has already started. While the show is going on which you can hear as you are waiting and more cattle is loaded into the pre show area. The pre show starts about five minutes before the EO show ends. The EO show is about 15 minutes long.

garymacd
12-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Wrong.. The pre show is not as long as EO. It does not start at the same time. When you go into the pre show area the other show has already started. While the show is going on which you can hear as you are waiting and more cattle is loaded into the pre show area. The pre show starts about five minutes before the EO show ends. The EO show is about 15 minutes long.

Whther the pre-show is as long as the main show or not, I just know that it is time I will never get back. I found the show rather lame.

Mousemates
12-18-2010, 07:05 PM
garymacd Whther the pre-show is as long as the main show or not, I just know that it is time I will never get back. I found the show rather lame.

Yeah...its amazing how something that once seemed so cool, can seem anything but cool with the passing of time.

crltkcagle
12-20-2010, 08:55 AM
They closed Honey I shrunk the audience?

MickeysBestPal
12-23-2010, 01:02 AM
They closed Honey I shrunk the audience?

Months ago.

HISTA closed on May 10, 2010.

Capt. EO began running in that theater on June 30, 2010.

Will HISTA return?
If it does, when will it return?
Will there be a new 3D-4D show coming to that theater, instead?
Nobody knows.

ransam
02-27-2011, 03:15 PM
is the show at DL and WDW exactly the same?

MNNHFLTX
02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
is the show at DL and WDW exactly the same?Yes.:mickey:

I saw Captain EO last week for the first time in, what--20 years? I really enjoyed it! Yes, it did seem dated in a retro kind of way, but nostalgic too. And loads better than seeing another re-run of Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

I agree that the pre-show seemed too long, but as it was part of the original experience, it was appropriate, IMO.

Carol
02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Yes.:mickey:

I really enjoyed it! Yes, it did seem dated in a retro kind of way, but nostalgic too. .

I agree, Beth. I saw it for the first time in December at Disneyland. I was glad I took the time to see it. Definitely nostalgia!

johnO
02-28-2011, 08:27 PM
How much longer are they going to have Capt EO?