PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered?

Not2Loud
12-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be in one of the WDW parks with only people who wanted to be there?

Every trip I have made there I always seem to observe a handful or more of people complaining about everything from the weather, wait times, prices, etc.

I have wondered what it would be like for instance to be there with only folks from Intercot for just one day. Can you imagine the fun we would all have sharing stories and so on? I think waiting in the queue's would almost be fun in those instances.

I guess it just comes down to me being selfish and not wanting to hear others complain while at my happy place!

SBETigg
12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Complaining does not equal not wanting to be there. I think people complain to make conversation or pass the time sometimes, and some people are just generally whiners. If we go in August, my husband always complains about the heat in outdoor queues, but he most definitely wants to be there. I can't imagine paying admission and not wanting to be there. Of course, there are some people who go and find out it's not for them. I think they're a pretty small percentage.

Not2Loud
12-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Maybe I should clarify a bit further...

It just seems to me that people sometimes forget why they are there or the pleasure they can get from WDW. An example....seeing a family trying to get the Magic Kingdom all in one day on their very first trip.

Don't shoot me, I do understand fiscal restraints and the like and they are trying to get the biggest bang for their buck. I just hate seeing families getting all upset with each other for one reason or another and ending up having unpleasant memories of WDW.

gerald72
12-13-2010, 07:33 PM
There's a lot of people here on intercot that complain a lot
I'm not saying that's a bad thing. If there's something you don't like, complain about it.

SBETigg
12-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh, I understand. Rushing through things because they paid that admission price and they are so intent on doing it all that they fail to really enjoy anything as much as they could, yeah, there are always some of those. You just want to say slow down, take it all in, enjoy-- but they wouldn't listen anyway. It is pretty overwhelming to try to get it all in, especially if you try to do it one day. I think some research in advance pays off for those first-time visitors. Plus, you're right, an all-Intercot day at any of the parks would be awesome!

alphamommy
12-15-2010, 08:58 AM
My husband's brother's family went in August, and had asked us to join them. I made excuses for us not going because I knew it would be a week of complaints. If I have to overhear it in a line, that's one thing, but if it's constantly coming from the group I'm in, I would have had a fit!

My SIL hasn't had anything good to say about their trip, and doesn't plan to go back. They liked Universal MUCH better than WDW.

Not2Loud
12-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I like Universal just fine, but would take WDW any day over it!

My Step-Dad complains the whole time he is there. He gets tired of walking around and complains about prices of everything.

Just gets old...