PDA

View Full Version : Park changes since August 2009?

andywicks
12-13-2010, 03:00 AM
Hi all! We are coming to WDW for the holiday season! HURRAY! :mickey:

We haven't been to WDW since August 2009 (a long gap for us!) and I am wondered what changes I should look out for in the Disney parks? We are DVC members and quite seasoned visitors, but I am keen to hear where we can look to see something new or changed? (Even small chanegs are of interest!)

I hear Toy Story Mania has been updated with some TS3 stuff? What else can I look forward to?

I also hear Mickey's Toontown Fair is being knocked down and completely redeveloped next year so although our kids are too old for this now we will be in there taking loads on photos!

5 days and countingto VWL!!!!!! :thumbsup::marg:

EJS-Houston
12-13-2010, 10:28 AM
You'll definitely want to check out the refurbished "Spaceship Earth" in EPCOT, with the new narration by Judi Dench, the new additions to the dioramas you pass along the way up, and the new interactive features on the way down the inside of the geodesic dome.

andywicks
12-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks EJ,

This was in place on our last visit in August 2009 and yes I really liked the updated version of Spaceship Earth! Perhaps partly for nostalgic reasons I just love this "ride/show" and the added system in the cars increases the enjoyment also!

I have been surprised just to get one reply as I though I'd get loads!

We are arriving in 5 days at WDW and out friends from Houston (Katy) are driving down for a week to play too! :-)

magicman
12-13-2010, 02:20 PM
It's been three years since I've been; however, a couple of other recent changes came to mind:
1) Space mountain was refurbished & "plused" with new sounds/features
2) Winnie the Pooh's queue was updated to allow interaction while waiting in line