PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from Disney Resort to WWHP?

littleedie
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Hi all,

I'll be staying at POFQ next week and we'll be going to Wizarding World on one day of our trip. We won't have a rental car, so what would you say is the best way to get from POFQ to WWHP?

Any idea of prices for taxis or shuttles?

Is it true that a taxi from Downtown Disney would be cheaper?

Also, any idea how long the ride would take?

For the return trip, are there taxis milling about the park or would I have to call a service?

Thanks for your help!

DizneyRox
12-13-2010, 07:28 AM
You'll need to get to IoA and then walk from there. You're probably looking at about a 1/2 hour ride, whatever you choose.

No idea on prices, last time I went to Universal Studios, we had a rental car.

You probably are a little closer if you start at DTD, but I might be wrong.

White Rose
12-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Someone on this board posted about Mears shuttle offering a shared shuttle service that will take you from your Disney Resort to Universal Studios. I checked it out on their website (and will be using for my own trip in January!). You can book the night before, they pick you up in the morning and give you vouchers for the return trip. You call about two hours before you want to leave and they will pick you up within those two hours. I believe it runs about $18-19 per person. Hope that helps!

DisneyLE
12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
You might want to look into renting a car for the day.. While there a few weeks ago, we ran into car troubles and called whatever company is at the swan (I think it was alamo) and got a car for under $40 for 24 hours. It would even probably work out cheaper than having everyone pay for a shuttle (depending on how many are going) and is certainly more convenient than taking a cab both way! Have fun!

littleedie
12-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! There are three of us, so I'm going to do the math and figure out if the shuttle or taxi would be best and will check out Mears. Thanks!

BrerGnat
12-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, it is cheaper to go from Downtown Disney if you are staying at a MK resort, otherwise, just take the cab from your resort.

POFQ is very close to Downtown Disney so just take the cab from there.

3 of us went to Universal during a WDW trip once. The cost, if I remember correctly, was under $50 for round trip cab fare. Among the three of us, that was a good deal!

The Mears shuttle is a pain. You have to first get to the TTC, and then the shuttles only leave once an hour, and if you miss it going back, well, you get the idea. Door to door service is much better using a cab. MUCH faster and worth the money.

Crow
12-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Im watching this also as i might stay at WDW and visit Universal next trip since its been a while since ive been to U. usually dont rent a car since ME is available.