PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews 12/2-12/7

tinksmom02
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Don't know when I'll get around to a trip report, but here's some info on where we ate last week!

Pepper Market: we ate breakfast here several times...it was OK, nothing to write home about. The line was always long for omelettes so most of us did the egg combo plate. Jenna and I had lunch here twice, too. That was really good, she liked the kids pasta and I enjoyed the Margahrita (sp?) pizza and the sirloin.

Chefs de France (CP package): decent meal. Mark and our friends 3 year old enjoyed the escargot. I had a goat cheese salad and steak (lots of red meat this trip--maybe my iron was low LOL)...thought both were very good. Mark had the salmon and said it was OK. LOVED the creme brulee dessert! We were seated within a few minutes of checking in, waiter was OK.

Kona Cafe (dinner): Were seated just a few minutes after checking in (we were early, too). However, the kids' meals came out before we were even served our drinks. We hadn't asked to have the kids meals served early, and actually didn't want them early (they were done and ready to go before we even got served). That was a big turnoff for us. I had the pot stickers as an app and really enjoyed them. I also had the beef teriyaki and thought that was great, too. Mark had the tuna oscar and liked it. I had creme brulee again but it wasn't as good as Chefs. Mark got the Kona Kone for Jenna, which she loved (although only ate the cotton candy!). The food was really good; if we ever go back, I'll have to remember to stress that we want all the entrees served at the same time.

Via Napoli (dinner): They were turning walkups away as I checked in, but we were seated within 5 minutes. Enjoyed the sangria :cloud9: and Stagioni pizza (proscutto, eggplant and mushrooms). Mark had some sort of linguini with seafood, said it was good. Tiramisu was pretty good, too!

50's Prime Time (late lunch): believe it or not, this was my favorite meal of the trip! I had the fried chicken with greens and mashed, and it was EXCELLENT. Our server commented that I "sucked the calcium" out of the chicken bones LOL Our waitress wasn't really into playing, but the other waitress near us was, and we really enjoyed watching her embarass other people. :blush: LIked the brownie sundae, too--you don't think caramel popcorn and ice cream is a good combo, but it works! We were seated within a few minutes of checking in. The kids all had mac and cheese, and our friends had the chicken sandwich and Caesar salad, and both said they liked it.

'Ohana (breakfast): had to wait about fifteen minutes before we were seated, but for some reason that's to be expected here. The kids loved the interaction with the characters, and we all really enjoyed the food (especially because it was served family-style). The table was to small for us, though, and i managed to spill coffee all over my friend sitting to my right. Oops.

Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (dinner): again, seated within minutes, and there were a lot of empty seats. Steak again for me, and again it was great! I had the Snickers cheesecake for dessert, LOVED it. Jenna had the cheeseburger sliders.

1900 Park Fare (breakfast): We were late for this ADR, even though we left our room at CSR at 8am. Waited over 20 min for a bus, then got stuck on the monorail for 20 min. We left at the same time the day before for 'Ohana and showed up 40 minutes early! Best laid plans, right? Anyway, we were seated immediately after checking in, and again I noticed some empty tables. it was just me & Jenna for this meal, and it was super-quick! We both had omelettes--mine veggie, hers just cheese--and saw all the characters.

Overall we had some great meals this trip--lots of new places. We didn't have a bad experience at all, with the exception of how quickly the kids' food came out at Kona. And I really don't think we ate any counter service except for the Pepper Market--we just weren't hungry! I know we had some CS left at the end of the trip, partly because DH left early (sick) and partly because we just didn't want to eat!

Snacks! We had Pineapple Floats from Aloha Isle, an ice cream bar, pretzels, chocolate chip cookies...and I brought a bunch of cookie and Rice Krispie treat bars home, too! Again, we had tons because Mark left halfway through.

So that's our trip--food-wise, anyway!--in a nutshell! Thanks for reading!

cer
12-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Thank you so much for the reviews!

Sounds like a great trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Sounds great thanks for the report