PDA

View Full Version : Is A Room With A View....

txdisneyfanatic
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
worth the added cost at the Beach Club? We currently have booked a standard view room, but are wondering others' thoughts? Thanks!

faline
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
It really depends on how much time you plan on spending in the room. If very little, the view matters little. If you plan on spending time at your resort, the view can be very important.

Mousemates
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
To me the view is only important if you actually plan on using it...so if you enjoy sitting on the balcony and chilling out with a cool beverage or hot coffee after returning from the parks at night or early in the morning before you go, then a view can be worthwhile...but if not, then to me the extra money can likely be spent better elsewhere.

Jillirose
12-13-2010, 11:52 AM
The last two trips, we splurged and got a room facing the crescent bay with a balcony. All the lights of the boardwalk on the water are so pretty at night. Also, you can hear the boat horns and hum of activities. We loved it. But, definitely an extravagance in our book.

pox24
12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
To us its everything. Although we don't spend alot of time in it, still when we do we want the best we can get. Our DVC experiences have yielded only great views.

Granny Jill A
12-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I think it's great to get a room with a view at least once. I enjoyed my MK view room at Contemporary very much, but probably won't do it again. A once-in-a-lifetime thing for me.

finaldynasty
12-23-2010, 09:31 PM
It really depends on how much time you plan on spending in the room. If very little, the view matters little. If you plan on spending time at your resort, the view can be very important.

I agree. We have not been big on views because of a tip that a CM gave us on our trip with my DK 3 years ago...why pay for a view if your not in your room much. You can use the money to buy souvenirs. On the other hand, my DW and I are considering staying splurging on a view when we go for our anniversary, but not paying for a view a few months later when we bring the kids down. I think it is a personal choice and depends on how much it will personally mean to you...just my two cents.

:mickey:

dinahvixen
12-25-2010, 09:33 AM
For us, low key evenings on the "balcony" of our POR room was part of the vacation - and looking at the parking lot would not have been as nice as the tree view we had. We DID spend some time at the hotel - we have two girls who we try to give midday swim breaks, and one day we didn't even leave the hotel until 3pm. So for us, the resort is part of the experience as we take the parks slowly. I am all for the view in this circumstance.