PDA

View Full Version : What "Made" Your Best Trip Ever

Gator
12-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Post 2004: In the year 2004, I went on what me and my wife call our best trip ever.

It was the first trip we took after our honeymoon. All we could think about was getting back to WDW. So we chose to be there the first week of February.

What made it great was the low crowds - especially on Super Bowl Sunday. We went from 75 minute waits on ToT and RnRC (summer trip), to walk-on lines that day.

NO RAIN. It rained hours every day during our June trip, but we saw about a half hour of mist for the whole week.

The big deal about the second trip is that when you get there, you know what you want to do (see Illuminations 3 times). Then you do them and go try all the new stuff you discovered on INTERCOT :rocks:

TiggeRia
12-11-2010, 08:48 PM
My best trip ever was the first trip with my family. It was in 2006 celebrating my dad's ten year survival of cancer. We had a room at the Polynesian with a fabulous view of Cinderella castle and of course the nightly fireworks. The weather was beautiful (week after Thanksgiving), the Christmas decorations were awesome, crowds were low, and the food was fantastic. The best part was my brother (in the military) flying secretly all the way from Germany to surprise our parents in Germany in EPCOT. Best trip and best surprise ever!!! :mickey:

SBETigg
12-11-2010, 10:42 PM
All of our trips have been our best trip ever for various reasons. One really doesn't stand out as better than the others. Like your kids, if you have them, you don't love one more than the others, you just have different things you adore about each that make them unique and special.

My most outstanding Disney moment was from my first trip with the kids, our first time as a family, in 2001. The kids were 10 and 8, and we worried- after having a spectacular honeymoon and considering WDW our favorite place for so many years but not having been back since then- that the kids wouldn't quite get the magic or understand why we loved it so much. (Silly, I know). The first time we strolled down Main Street, which was nearly empty because they still let you in the park before opening in those days, the looks of wonder and complete awe on my children's faces said it all. They were blown away and in love with it as much as we were, before even experiencing one attraction. It was a great trip, and we have made it a point to keep going back ever since.

TheVBs
12-12-2010, 08:07 AM
We've had wonderful, unforgettable moments on every trip, but one of my favorites is our last trip. Our oldest DD was ill for a few years when she was younger and has battled anxiety since. On this last trip she not only had no anxiety, but was so adventurous, she really blew us away! We all seemed to manage a perfect balance with what everyone could handle for the day. No one was too wiped out, no one cried, no one threw up (not even the adults ;)). We had so much fun that we cannot wait to go back next year! :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
12-13-2010, 09:41 PM
I agree, no trip is free of magical moments but my favorite trip would be April of 2007 which was one of the Year of the Million dreams. The crowds were light and we had wonderful weather. We won dream FP while waiting in line for RnRC. Also, we took advantage of the EMH in MK until 3 AM. Walking down Main Street alone was magical in itself!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-14-2010, 10:30 AM
The first trip was the best trip for me...for one the crowds were low, we were there the week after New Year's and there's nothing like that awe when you first see the castle, the parks etc...

debandbub
12-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I have to say our best trip was the one we just got back from. It was the complete opposite of Murphy's Law- everything that could go RIGHT did! The flight down, the room, the weather- we even came in under budget! The highlight of the trip, and probably of all our Disney trips so far, was the second to last full day there. We spent the day at Animal Kingdom (my favorite park). My other half, who is usually quite reserved and not a thrill seeker suggested a ride on Kali River Rapids before we headed out. Of course I jumped at that, knowing we'd be soaked, but figuring we'd go back to the resort and change/freshen up before heading out for the evening.

And of course we got soaked! It was so much fun, and the day was so wonderful, I just didn't want to leave AK yet, so we went over to Dawas Bar for an adult beverage. :marg: We had just gotten served when a cast member came up to us and asked if we could help her out with a favor- she needed two people to be on the first float in the afternoon parade with Rafiki!! Well, that was a no-brainer for us! We followed her backstage (she even let us keep our beverages!) We got fitted for "costumes" - really just a safari vest and hats) and given our instructions- Smile and Wave! A Disney photographer took shots of us during the parade, which we immediately decided would be our Christmas card photo. It was so much fun- our driver was really nice, and we had Rafiki in our car fooling around with us before the parade started. Our faces hurt from smiling and laughing so much. I definitely "made" our trip- even though every minute of it was fabulous to begin with!

Mousemates
12-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Best trip ever was likely our first stay at the AKL...first surprised everyone with an "arrival time" upgrade to a savannah view room, brought some items to crown my wife queen of WDW (tiara, minnie mouse house shoes and of course a silver scepter (Mickey Head pancake mold)...we had a big ceremony in the room which our children thoroughly enjoyed...furthermore our kids were the perfect ages for WDW 6 and 8 and we ust had a flawless stay.

Number two might be my last trip...25th anniversary...when we discovered that WDW is not just a great family spot, but can be super romantic as well.

ginger19
12-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Our first trip with the kids. DS was 3 and DD was 18 months. DH and I stood next to each other on main street with a child in each arms, holding hands and watching Wishes. I'm not sure we can ever beat that.

Ksmith75
12-15-2010, 10:00 AM
We have gone the past 4 years. (next trip is in 74 days!!! woo hoo). Every new trip turns in to my favorite, the 2010 trip - the best parts were the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage and the Wishes Dessert Party. Oh, and our dinner at Ohana where they recognized my bday and our anniversary.

Victor Kelly
12-15-2010, 12:00 PM
My honeymoon was the most special trip for me this past September.

Septbride2002
12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
a few years ago they did these toddler mornings at MK where only fantasy land was open and the characters were out and actually did things with the kids rather then just stand in line and take pictures. My little girl was so in love with Minnie Mouse and she just walked right up to Minnie and proceeded to wrap herself around her leg. LOL! She followed Minnie everywhere for that hour and danced and clapped. Truly one of my favorite memories from that trip.

~Amanda

faline
12-15-2010, 06:54 PM
I have to say that I've never had a bad Disney trip. Yes, there have been glitches but each and every trip has also contained magical moments and I treasure all of them! Every one has been The Best Trip Ever!!! And, right this minute, I'm looking forward to my next one which, I'm sure will be The Best Trip Ever!!!

BugeyedMuggy
12-15-2010, 08:20 PM
We go with family or friends most of our trips but in Nov we went to AKL just the 2 of us. We were upgraged to a Savana view and had the hot tubs & pool to ourselves most of the trip. Very romantic and relaxing :cloud9: This has been our favorite resort for quite times.

c&d
12-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Our best trip was probably when we took our son for the first time. He was almost 2 and it was so special seeing the magic through his eyes. He stared open mouthed at the parades and wide eyed when he met Pooh at the Crystal Palace. He loved the way Mickey and Goofy played with him at Chef Mickey's. The trip made us slow down and really see Disney.

The only drawback was the bazillion times we had to ride Small World. He just loved that ride and couldn't get enough of it.

BigBaloo
12-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Easy one.... The public schools in my town all had a delayed opening to the school year in 2006 (all schools were under construction) & the kids didn't start until Sept 15th... So basically my whole town was at Disney. It was fantastic just running into random people from home. At one point the entire pool at the Poly were people from home... Planned a dads night out & a mom's night out as well. Great stuff. It's something that won't be recreated for us again. :mickey:

mom2morgan
12-16-2010, 01:16 PM
This sounds ridiculous - but what "made" my trips was Disney staff going out of their way to prevent me from experiencing disappointment caused by myself! One time my teenage son had an absolute conniption on the day we were leaving - couldn't get him packed up and ready on time - and realized that even if I left him behind (which I did!) I wouldn't make our reservations for Chef Mickey's, since the bus doesn't go from POR to there. The driver asked why I looked upset, then asked the other passengers if they minded a quick stop at the Contemporary to drop us off!! Another time I screwed up our ressies and showed up at Cape May the night we were supposed to be at O'Hana's - the concierge there put us in a cab (no charge) to get us to the Poly on time. I get a little emotional when things go wrong in Disney because I do all the planning and tend to feel like I've "failed" my family if I mess up, so I guess both times I probably looked way more upset than I logically SHOULD. I never even thought of taking a cab either time, although I would have happily done so if it had occurred to me!

Mogie
12-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I'd say going back at 27 years old after not being there since I was 7. Lots of things I remembered from home movies and photographs and memories with my family. But going there as an adult with only my GF was pretty special. At first I was worried that it would be too childish and that I would only enjoy the roller coaster rides...but I was amazed at how I enjoyed every single ride, show and parade. And now i'm reading this forum every week getting my Disney fix haha.