PDA

View Full Version : What Restaurants....

txdisneyfanatic
12-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Is it truly necessary to book 180 days out? If we book and change our minds, will online reservations allow you to cancel? Also, since I haven't been in a few years, I want to make sure that there is still no deposit or cancellation fee, etc. for most restaurants on the property with the exception of Cinderella's Royal Table and several others. Thanks for any advice! :mickey:

SBETigg
12-11-2010, 04:15 PM
For some, the more popular venues, it is necessary to book as soon as possible. This would include Le Cellier, 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table, and possibly a few others. You're safest to book everything as soon as possible, of course, though there are plenty of restaurants that you will not have a hard time securing seating closer to your travel date. It is easy to cancel ADRs both online and on the phone. There are not very many places that require a credit card to make ADRs-- California Grill and maybe the dinner shows and castle, that's all I can think of now.

2MuchWDFun
12-11-2010, 06:51 PM
It depends on what's more important to your traveling group---schedule flexibility or dining at a specific restaurant during your trip. Some people just schedule a couple of "must do" dining ADRs and then wing it on the rest of the vacation.

You can eat at some very nice restaurants with last minute ADR's, but you may need to be a little more flexible on the time you eat. Usually, earlier (before 5pm) or later (9pm or later). I was checking to see what was available for Christmas Eve--there is still quite a few places to dine--way more than I expected.

Yes, it is very easy to cancel your reservation on line. I've done it quite a few times for our upcoming Christmas vacation--no problem.

disneymom2000
12-12-2010, 01:13 AM
And if you did your ADR online and just want to change the restaurant but not the time, most times it prompts you that you already have a reservation somewhere at that time and asks if you want to cancel. It's a pretty good system.

ncrohrs
12-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Our trip is 45 days out. I managed to get Chef mickey's breakfast reservations at a 9:30 am time slot.

I do have the fact that it is value season going for me. I have not had trouble getting ressies at Ohana, chef mickeys or Lecelier (though I did make this one about 175 days out)

Also, ressies change daily! I kept checking online for a week to get a different time at Lecellier and it finally opened up.