PDA

View Full Version : Mvmcp

markyv
12-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Has anyone else been extremely dissapointed in the Christmas Party at Disney this year? I for one will never attend this event or any other event like it again in the future.

We were at Disney the week before Thanksgiving, and experienced very low crowds. The weather was great, and we were looking forward to attending the party in spite of the $60 cost of the ticket. (Ridiculous)

We got into the park, and it was packed. I should mention that we have done this event before several times and our experience has always been positive with crowd levels and lower ticket prices. This time the lines for the rides were longer at the party than during the day time when the park was open to everyone! Very frustrating. Also very frustrating that Disney charges almost a full day ticket price for 5 hours of park time. Our familiy has attended these events for the last time.

BugeyedMuggy
12-11-2010, 12:10 PM
This was our 1st Christmas party and having been to many Halloween parties we were very disappointed. We were 4 adults and 2 children. The only good thing were the fireworks. The snow on Main Stree was ok. But hot choc & cookies once you had one stop that was enough. Just seems like the cost of the 2 parties the halloween had more to offer. Glad we experienced it once but once was enough.

Mousemates
12-14-2010, 12:39 PM
The only good thing were the fireworks.

We love the fireworks for MVMCP (and Halloween too), but just can't justify the cost given the ever increasing crowds. So our approach now is to schedule a dinner at either the Poly (this year we will dine at Ohana) or Contemporary (the view from CGis fantastic) and get the fireworks without having to wade through the crowds.

CaptainSad
12-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I have noticed the reasons why people complain about the party is the fact that the price may be high and large crowds. I have to disagree with all of you. First the price is fair. If you go at 4:00 the price is better for the 8 hours then the price you would have paid for the regular ticket from 9-7. Hopefully you did your homework and saw that you could go in at 4:00 instead of 7:00. If you went at 4:00 then it would seem more crowded which it would be. But after 7:00 when the party officially starts the crowd is a lot smaller. I just got back this week and went to the party on the 9th and had a great time. It was sold out but I got on more rides then I do during regular park hours. It all depends on how you plan the night. I like the snow, the dance parties, the cookies and hot chocolate and the extra characters during the party, Holiday Wishes is the best Fireworks other then Hallo Wishes, the Christmas parade with the toy soldiers. It's the only time except for the week of Christmas that you can see this parade. So I think it is well worth the price. Just my 2 cents...

markyv
12-17-2010, 11:05 PM
I have noticed the reasons why people complain about the party is the fact that the price may be high and large crowds. I have to disagree with all of you. First the price is fair. If you go at 4:00 the price is better for the 8 hours then the price you would have paid for the regular ticket from 9-7. Hopefully you did your homework and saw that you could go in at 4:00 instead of 7:00. If you went at 4:00 then it would seem more crowded which it would be. But after 7:00 when the party officially starts the crowd is a lot smaller. I just got back this week and went to the party on the 9th and had a great time. It was sold out but I got on more rides then I do during regular park hours. It all depends on how you plan the night. I like the snow, the dance parties, the cookies and hot chocolate and the extra characters during the party, Holiday Wishes is the best Fireworks other then Hallo Wishes, the Christmas parade with the toy soldiers. It's the only time except for the week of Christmas that you can see this parade. So I think it is well worth the price. Just my 2 cents...

Sorry to disagree, but when you buy a magic your way package you already have admission at 4:00 pm. I paid $57 for 7:00 to 12:00. There were longer waits during the party than any other day of our trip, and we went to the MK multiple times. I can't justify slightly better wishes and an OK parade for $57. We will never go again to create shorter lines for the other folks who got fooled into thinking it is a great event.

lightyearfan
12-18-2010, 08:48 PM
wow complain complain complain, people r never satisfied, please folks use ur heads when u plan a trip to wdw, we've been to 2 Xmas parties and 3 Hallo parties, and while we enjoyed both the Xmas blows the Hallo party away, people say that there isnt much to do well except for trick and treating around the park and the parade and fireworks tell me what else is there to do???? the Xmas party offers more shows and its a more festive party, onto to the tickets, we also get the magic your way as well , here is where u have to plan it out, if you r there for 7 days and going to the party well then u only get a 6 day magic your way and use the party as entrance to the park, and u can get there at 4 not just 7 as other people have mentioned. disney isn't forcing anybody to buy tickets or attend the party, people just arent happy unless they complain and this is my 2 cents

victor

wxsmwhrms
12-23-2010, 10:57 PM
I had not done the MVMCP since we did it when my DD was 3. She is now 17 and we had decided to do it again on a trip last week. After reading some of the negative comments on here, I was having second thoughts, especially when I saw that our date was sold out. I have to say though that we thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere was great and we had very short lines in spite of the fact that it was sold out. In fact, we rode Big Thunder Mountain during Wishes and had a great view of the fireworks from the ride - and then were able to stay on and ride it again! I also saved a day off our MYW passes and we spent from 4 pm to midnight at the park on our MVMCP passes (went to WWOHP that morning).

Overall, it was great! We are already planning to try to go back to WDW at the same time next year - and if there's a MVMCP while we're there, we will definitely be going again.

BugeyedMuggy
12-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Really not complaining just my honest opinion on the cost vs the excitment. I don't need short lines on the rides as I can enjoy them in variety of ways (early mornings or late nites) Just couldn't see the hype. But just an opinion and we are all welcome to have them :D

Greenlawler
12-25-2010, 03:15 AM
wow complain complain complain, people r never satisfied, please folks use ur heads when u plan a trip to wdw, we've been to 2 Xmas parties and 3 Hallo parties, and while we enjoyed both the Xmas blows the Hallo party away, people say that there isnt much to do well except for trick and treating around the park and the parade and fireworks tell me what else is there to do???? the Xmas party offers more shows and its a more festive party, onto to the tickets, we also get the magic your way as well , here is where u have to plan it out, if you r there for 7 days and going to the party well then u only get a 6 day magic your way and use the party as entrance to the park, and u can get there at 4 not just 7 as other people have mentioned. disney isn't forcing anybody to buy tickets or attend the party, people just arent happy unless they complain and this is my 2 cents

victor

Really? Wow, I am not sure I can make a coherant reply because I dissagree with so many of your statements.
1. Like it or not people have a right to express their opinion.
2. MNSSHP is lightyears better than MVMCP and while that may be an opinion it is one shared by, I would say 80% of Disney visitors.
3. Don't forget the large number of Disney fans who love the characters. The rare characters at MNSSHP blow away the Christmas Party offerings.
4. Add to this the fact the starting on the 20th Disney offers just about everything at MVMCP during regular park hours. Tell me that's not a ripoff. Especially for those who attended the party on the 19th (like us).

lightyearfan
12-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Really? Wow, I am not sure I can make a coherant reply because I dissagree with so many of your statements.
4. Add to this the fact the starting on the 20th Disney offers just about everything at MVMCP during regular park hours. Tell me that's not a ripoff. Especially for those who attended the party on the 19th (like us).

like it or not i have the right to my opinion, secondly what happens to the thousands upon thousands of guest that are there before the 20 like u claim, i guess we should all readjust our travel plans with work and everything else around this so we don't feel like were getting ripped off?? thirdly i've been to both parties multiple times and IMHO which IM ENTITLED TO HAVE we like the MVMCP better, so what im not allowed to express this iike everybody else??? im just tired of all the negative comments, even on our past trip the complaints that me and dw heard was mind blowing, lets face facts we are conditioned to protest complain and sue everybody , and this attitude is taken along even on vacation

victor

ps this is my last post on this topic so go ahead have a field day responding

Monkeespaw
01-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I went to MVMCP two years in a row. I planned it so that I went on the day of my arrival. So, I did not pay for a day of park tickets for the first day. Instead I paid for the MVMCP tickets. We went to MK at 4:00 and stayed until the end. When the crowds began to exit for the "regular" closing of the park (at the official "beginning" of MVMCP), we were able to ride every ride in Fantasyland without any wait!

Basically, we used the MVMCP as a "day at Magic Kingdom" and focused on rides, the Christmas parade, and fireworks. There were so many people trying to catch special shows that we covered alot of rides throughout the park.

It worked for us!

brivers222
01-03-2011, 12:03 PM
we are planning on going to all 4 offered during our honeymoon in December. I book a MYW+PH package and made sure to decrease the PH's by 4 days as entry at 4pm is already taken care of

I absolutely can not wait for Christmas in Disney :)

ginger19
01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
We did the one on the 19th and also had issues. For my DH who hates lines, he was thrilled to get on the rides so easily. For me, I couldn't get near the parade and the fireworks were packed so I was a little disappointed there. I think we are planning to try the same day again next year and willl hope to plan a bit better for the parade and fireworks.