PDA

View Full Version : Western style shootout and Indian pow wow

1DisneyNut
12-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm hoping someone will remember this from approximately 30 years ago. About 30 years ago my Mom and Grandmother took myself and my brother to a place that had a mock up of an old western town and they had a shoot out at high noon. The buildings may have been just facades or they may have been fully built...I can't remember. They also had an Indian pow wow with Indians doing ceremonial dances and such. We have talked about it several times over the years but no one can remember where it was located. It was somewhere within maybe a few hours drive of North Alabama. We are thinking no more than a couple of hours because we don't remember it being that bad of a ride. It could have been in North Alabama, possibly down toward Birmingham, Western Georgia or possibly southern Tennessee. I am hoping some of you from this area will remember going see it as well and can remember where it was located. We have searched and searched but have not had any luck at all. It must have closed down or doesn't exist anymore or you would think it would eventually turn up in searching.

eam
12-11-2010, 01:09 AM
The only one I can think of is Six Gun Territory, but that was in Ocala, FL. Sorry, but good luck.

1DisneyNut
12-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks, that one is a little too far of a drive so I'm pretty sure that's not it but it is the type of setup I remember. An old western type town and they had little shows where they would ride into town on horses and in horse drawn carts. Then a fight would break out...I believe in the saloon and one of the men would throw the other out into the dirt street where they would continue to fight. Eventually they would have the gun fight at "high noon". That is basically the exact type of thing I am looking for but I believe there was one closer to home around the same time (late 70's to early 80's).

magicofdisney
12-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I just googled Indian Pow Wow and there is a site with a list of pow wows in various states. Maybe that will pull up something that can jog your memory. Good luck in your search. :)

1DisneyNut
12-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks, I have tried that and looked and looked. I assume this place must have closed a good while ago. I can't find any information on it at all. I'm hoping someone else went to it back in the day and remembers where it was and perhaps the name.