PDA

View Full Version : Locker rooms?

wgbuck
12-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Do any/all of the parks have locker rooms? If so, does anyone know how much is the daily rent?

Thanks in advance!

Buttercup
12-10-2010, 04:37 PM
It's not really a 'room', it's usually just an area near the entrance with lockers. There are 2 sizes:
Large Locker: $9.00 per day plus a $5.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned
Small Locker: $7.00 per day plus a $5.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned

The locations are:
Magic Kingdom - Inside the park under the train station
Epcot - To the right of the base of Spaceship Earth, near the restrooms
Disney's Hollywood Studios - Rent at Crossroad's of the World - Lockers located next to Oscar's Super Service
Disney's Animal Kingdom - Expedition Storage lockers by Guest Services inside the park

In all honesty, I never use a locker at the parks because when you need something, your stuff is soooooooo far away. The parks are huge, so it would be quite a walk every time you need to grab something from your locker. Not really worth it in my opinion. I either carry it in a backpack (since I have young kids so we tend to carry more stuff), or I don't bring it at all.

faline
12-10-2010, 05:30 PM
We usually do not use the lockers but occasionally we will. If you know the weather will change significantly, it might be worth it. For example, if most of the day will allow you to wear a sweatshirt but the evening will require you wear a heavier jacket, you might want a locker. If you don't want to return to your resort but want to change for a dinner in a resort, you might want to put a change of clothes in a locker for the day.

LVT
12-19-2010, 09:15 AM
We have used the lockers a lot in the spring when the weather is iffy. We have older (now adult) sons who do the running.;)

garymacd
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
There is, or was, a set of lockers outside the gates of DHS where the transit information is. These lockers were HUUGE! And only cost one dollar to rent. Of course it was only one in and one out, then you had to pay another dollar to re-use it.

Donald A
12-22-2010, 07:21 PM
We got lockers for the first time on our trip last month. It is worth it to keep a jacket in during the hot part of the day instead of getting on a bus to go back to our resort. Something we will definitely keep in mind next trip.