PDA

View Full Version : WDW is great for Honeymoons!

Gator
12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna try to do some special things for some upcoming posts of mine. Since this is my 2002nd post, I figured I'd talk about my trip to WDW in 2002.

This was my first trip to the World and it happened to be my honeymoon. This is when I found out that June is a terrible time to be in Florida - heat, humidity, RAIN. However, being on your honeymoon at WDW at anytime of year has it's perks.

My wife had to go get the "honeymoon ears" as soon as we got there - you know, the top hat with ears and the white ear hat with a veil. Those hats really got a lot of attention. When we were in line for bag check, the guard got everyone around to scream congratulations to us. When we went into the Crystal Palace, they showered us with Mickey confetti and gave us a special plaque. At Epcot, we got our own private boat on Maelstrom. We even got into the AP roped section for Illuminations. It really made that trip extra special. Special enough to get us to go back many times.

Anybody else experience their honeymoon at WDW?

faline
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately, Disney World was not an option when I got married!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-09-2010, 08:51 PM
We also honeymooned at Disney, and it was wonderful.

They made us feel super-special, even other guests were always telling us congrats. We loved it so much we went back for our first anniversary :mickey:

SBETigg
12-09-2010, 08:55 PM
I honeymooned 20 years ago at the Grand Floridian, when the GF was only about a year or two old. It was amazing, my 2nd trip but my husband's first trip. He didn't believe me that it was going to be the perfect place for a honeymoon, but he had faith in me and he was won over instantly.

The resort was great (still our favorite). We loved being so close to the MK, and loved Epcot. Studios was fairly new and AK wasn't open yet. Our favorite meals were at Chefs de France and the Empress Room on the Empress Lilly (which is sadly now Fulton's Crab House). We also enjoyed the Broadway review dinner show at the Top of the World (now California Grill).

ibrowse17
12-09-2010, 10:31 PM
We enjoyed our honeymoon at Disney as well:thumbsup:

markyv
12-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Count me in as another WDW honeymooned. We also celebrated our one year anniversary back at Disney. Heading back in about 60 days.

Disney Hungarian
12-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I also honeymooned at WDW. It was amazing. A great time indeed. Although she had a bad case of the "coal miner's daughter."

Disneymom4ever
12-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Count me in as another one that spent her honeymoon at WDW. It was my first time, and was just perfect! Now, we're coming up on 20 yrs. next April, and I'm trying to figure out how to spend our anniversary there again! (We're coming for Christmas in a few weeks, so I know that's pushing it for my not as thrilled about Disney husband!) :mickey:

goofyfan4466
12-10-2010, 07:45 AM
my wife & i also honeymooned at the world in 1994. it was my first time & her second or third. she did not believe that i had a good time when we went. i had such a good time i am now the disney fanatic.even more so than my twin girls who were actually concieved there ! i often joke with the wife that they are actually goofy's kids ( my favorite disney character ).on that note, i was thinking about returning with the wife only for an upcoming anniversary. do they do anything special for anniverssaries ? believe it or not my wife & kids do not want to go to disney in 2011.we were planning the disney alaskan cruise,but money being tight we had to cancel.:( thanks in advance for any info.

faline
12-10-2010, 09:09 AM
do they do anything special for anniverssaries ?

We've celebrated a couple of anniversaries in Disney World including our most recent. Get, and wear, the anniversary buttons. We received many well wishes from cast members and other guests. Also, we received a free glass of champagne when dining, free desserts on a few occasions, and sometimes, our table was decorated in honor of the occasion. We received a custom menu on a couple of occasions and a picture signed by the Head Mouse was delivered to our room.

brivers222
12-10-2010, 09:50 AM
We will be honeymooned at Disney after Dec 2011... Can not wait! the magic they did for us with just our engagement was enough to want more :)

my ONLY complaint.... They got rid of those awesome Top Hat mickey ears for those dumb looking tuxedo looking ones...

BRING BACK THE TOP HAT EARS!!!! :)

jpcns50
12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
We honeymooned at Disney in 2007 and we spent 10 amazing days in the world. I know a lot of people say we were crazy, I wouldn't change it for anything. We had so many little "pluses" for our honeymoon from some amazing cast members. We wore the "Just Married" buttons all week, and had so many well wishes from cast members and other park guests as well. One of our favorite honeymoon experiences was when we were taken into the control room at Space Mountain and then with a cast member got to ride both sides of the ride with no wait.

DonaldsBFF
12-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Honeymooned in WDW in 2005. The best vacation we ever had. We got so many extra services from all the wonderful cast members, especially at the restaurants. After that we were hooked and can't wait to spend many more special moments in the world!

Melanie
12-10-2010, 11:34 AM
We spent our honeymoon at Disney, 15 years ago next week! We stayed in a 'honeymoon' suite at Wilderness Lodge (long before they had concierge there) and loved it. We haven't stayed there since, but visit often. Our boys are wanting to stay there, so maybe soon. The parks back then that week before Christmas were empty. Crowds didn't start coming in until the 23rd or so.

Highly recommend a WDW honeymoon! :bride: :groom:

Victor Kelly
12-10-2010, 12:20 PM
We were on our honeymoon from Sept 26th to Oct 10th of this year.

Disney treated us like royalty. Most of our tables were always dressed up and decorated for us. We usually were able to see the characters first or very quickly.

Everyone said congratulations to us wherever we went.

Positive experiences all around.

paragon
12-10-2010, 02:12 PM
DW and I also had our honeymoon at WDW. This April will mark our TEN year anniversary!
We stayed for ten days at ASMv and it was great. Now of course any of our trips which are less than ten days seem way too short!
Maybe for our tenth, we will splurge and stay at the Beach Club!!

Mousemates
12-10-2010, 03:00 PM
We've celebrated a couple of anniversaries in Disney World including our most recent. Get, and wear, the anniversary buttons. We received many well wishes from cast members and other guests. Also, we received a free glass of champagne when dining, free desserts on a few occasions, and sometimes, our table was decorated in honor of the occasion. We received a custom menu on a couple of occasions and a picture signed by the Head Mouse was delivered to our room.

We got the same happy treatment....plus an upgrade ot conceirge and roses delivered to our room at the GF for our 25th. Would love to have been able to say we honeymooned there, but it simply wasn't in the budget back in the day.