PDA

View Full Version : September Crowds/Weather

makeyourself5007
12-09-2010, 07:48 AM
We are planning a trip for September 2011. We would probably go the last full week of September. How are crowds during the end of September? What is the weather like? We haven't been in 7 years so we are pretty stoked to be able to go next year. Thanks in advance for any help!

Gregandmel
12-09-2010, 08:10 AM
I've not been during this time, but from what I understand the crowds are very manageable since school has just started back up for most everyone. The weather is normally pretty warm (based on the historical weather page which you can find under the info central tab, then scroll down to weather & click on the link). I was looking into the very last week of September myself and was told you "may" find a spike in crowds for the weekend leading up to the 1st part of October. Since Free Dining ends the last week of September, AND the Epcot Food & Wine festival starts the first weekend of October AND they have a marathon that starts that weekend as well. It shouldn't effect too much, but if you are going to be around the Epcot area around the 1st part of October, it might be a bit busier. However, still a great week to go from what I understand. Have a terrifice time!!!! Wish we were going to be there, too, but with a kid in college - our $$ seems to go out the door quicker than expected! LOL

Strmchsr
12-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Crowds aren't bad. Restaurants have gotten really nuts over the last few years with the "free" dining promotion every September. Crowds have also increased with the same promotion, though with Disney pre-releasing the "free" dining for a good chunk of next year that might temper the September crowds.

As for weather, late September is usually around 90 for a high with dry conditions. The every day afternoon thunderstorms have slacked off by that time. It's still peak hurricane season so you run that risk, but the chance of a hurricane stopping your trip isn't great.

PittFan
12-09-2010, 10:00 AM
We LOVE that time of year !!!! We are actually going around the same time. If you have never been to the F & W Festival you might consider checking in on or before the 29th and you will recieve the Free Dining package throughout your stay and will be there the 1st week of October for the F & W Festival. Its definitely worth it !!!! :mickey:

Going2HeavenRU
12-15-2010, 07:05 PM
We went this time in 2009. It was HOT! We were drenched with sweat as soon as we walked out of the room each morning. The crowds were good but EPCOT was crowded in the evenings for the F&W Festival.

dmallan
12-15-2010, 09:22 PM
We went this time in 2009. It was HOT! We were drenched with sweat as soon as we walked out of the room each morning. The crowds were good but EPCOT was crowded in the evenings for the F&W Festival.

We were there at that time too! It was unseasonably hot! In 2010, that last week in Sept, first week in Oct. was more comfortable.

As far as crowds, it is quite low that time of year. We did most attractions with little to no wait, with the exception of Soarin' and TSM which you will need fastpasses for.

We tend to be in the parks at opening and stay until early afternoon. About 1:00, when it starts getting really hot and the crowds increase we are heading back to the resort for some mid-day R&R. Then back to the park in the evening for our dinner ADR. That seems to work out well for us.

Mousemates
12-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Glad to see you say late september...because early september in Orlando is hot and humid...but if you are trully there at the end of the month then the heat is generally manageable (mid 80s in the daytime and low 70s at night). Lines (if there is free dining) will likely be short for the rides and long for all table service restaurants. So be sure to make dinner reservations well in advance.

dyin tago
12-16-2010, 10:21 AM
dw and I agree with the others,we have been
to disnetworld 6 times,once in july and 5 in september.

It is usually horribly humid and hot in september:fan: but we love the wet rides,waterparks:swim:,occasional trips to the beaches :surfing:and the afternoon thunderstorms so we booked last night for 11 nights next september with free dining:eat:!

we can go anytime this year but some dates will be too busy and we don`t want to risk cool weather:freeze: at other times and miss the water stuff.:mickey:

lightyearfan
12-16-2010, 10:53 AM
well i don't know about anyone else me and dw were there this past Sept and Sept last, and it doesn't matter the parks r jammed , it's incredible there r kids all over the place as if school were out. im not joking me and dw actually can't believe how busy it is. we r planning another trip maybe we"ll shoot for october, we even did the first night of MNSSHP and it was a mob scene. is it less crowded than may - august, yes but not by much, they're are long lines and rides that we've done several times we won't do because of this, even with fastpass we had some waits, i kid u not

victor

Rachie
12-16-2010, 11:03 AM
My in law's went during the 2nd week of September last year & barely had to stand in line at all! We're planning on going the same week in 2011. I'm not looking forward to the heat, but the last time we were there was June 2009 & we survived the heat then! Have fun!

MarkC
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
We just booked for labor day week. We know it will be hot and humid but we can manage that. We're just hoping for low crowds and short lines. Our last trip was in July so I know it won't be that busy.

Mogie
12-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Its hot, but the crowds are at their lowest. Thats when we go too. On Fridays and saturdays the crowd levels go up, but no more than say 45 minute waits for the most popular rides. If you make the bulk of your trip during the weekdays, you will walk onto most of your rides throughout the entire day.

lightyearfan
12-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Its hot, but the crowds are at their lowest. Thats when we go too. On Fridays and saturdays the crowd levels go up, but no more than say 45 minute waits for the most popular rides. If you make the bulk of your trip during the weekdays, you will walk onto most of your rides throughout the entire day.

well all i can say is wow, maybe im i going to a different wdw? lol, i can tell u that the last 2 sept trips it's been a mad house. we couldn't even walk in some places of epcot in world showcase, so much so that we had to leave the park , universal was actually less crowded and we walked on every ride except for when we did harry potter there was a little wait