PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions Quickly!!!

Disney Hungarian
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
I was supposed to go with my ex-gf to WDW on this Saturday. I even posted a pre-trip report earlier today. Tonight she texts me and long story short; she isn't going.

What should I do? I don't know how much money I can get back from WDW this late. I didn't pay for the trip insurance. Should I just go Solo? Opinions; anyone?

White Rose
12-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Whoa, that's short notice! I hope everything is okay with her! I would do a solo trip, personally. If you've already paid up for the trip and paid for everything in advance. I think you may incur a $45 change fee (if I remember correctly) but that should be it. Is there anyone else possibly who could join you? A friend, or a family member?

I also wanted to add that I think you should still go, because it sounds like you could really use the vacation and that you've been really looking forward to it. :)

Disney Hungarian
12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Rose, nope not anyone that I can think of. Everyone is working. I could take my mom who I take care of. But, she can't take the cold. She is rather frail. When we went in October, I had to buy her a lap blanket when it got down to 70 degrees.

cajundisneyfreak
12-08-2010, 08:11 AM
I would definitely still go.Call Disney as soon as possible and tell them your situation.I'm sure they will work with you.Better to lose a lil money than all of it.Go and have a great time! Just think you can come and go as you want.Don't have to wait on anyone for anything.Besides you will be at the most magical place on earth.:cloud9: :mickey:

clausjo
12-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I agree with everyone here - go and enjoy! I've never done a solo trip but would love the chance. You can really take everything in that you want to, on your own time, at your own pace. Let us all know how it goes!

Disney Hungarian
12-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I just got off the phone with Disney Special Reservations. I will be taking mom. They found a room with a roll-in shower and two beds. The only one we could get on such short notice was at the All-Star Sports. Only took about 2 hours this time to find a room. Stella was awesome in finding it and getting all of my reservations sorted. I'm happy I get to take mom again. I get to take another trip with her and that is a wonderful blessing. I hope I can bundle her up enough to keep her warm though. If anyone is going at the same time and would like to meet mom, send me a PM and I will try to work it out. She loves meeting people and was following the suggestions for a good balcony on INTERCOT.:thumbsup:

azdisneymom
12-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I'll go - take me. :blush: You and mom have the best time ever. Glad it worked out.

Disney Hungarian
12-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I'll go - take me. :blush: You and mom have the best time ever. Glad it worked out.You are more than welcome to join us. I will tell mom you are a cousin.:thumbsup:

LauraF
12-17-2010, 12:02 PM
My brother's ex-GF did this to him, only a week before his trip at the beginning of the month. Thankfully, he was able to find a friend to go (and had a better time!). He tells me WDW changed everything over without complaint when he called. Unfortunately the plane ticket was not so easy. :-( Thankfully the ex paid him back for the ticket.

Good luck with your trip!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Well now I know why she's an ex! I"m glad it worked out and hope you and your mom have a fantastic trip. It's been cold so make sure to bundle mom up.