PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Narnia

DonaldsBFF
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know if there have ever been any talks about expounding on the Narnia theme? As in something similar to what they did with HP at IOA. I think this would be a great idea especially since it is a whole series of books and movies like HP. And it would probably appeal to young and old alike since the stories have been around for a long time and now the movies.

PopPhan
12-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know if there have ever been any talks about expounding on the Narnia theme? As in something similar to what they did with HP at IOA. I think this would be a great idea especially since it is a whole series of books and movies like HP. And it would probably appeal to young and old alike since the stories have been around for a long time and now the movies.

Highly unlikely, as they are not even involved with the third movie!

IloveJack
12-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, Disney dropped the project, since Caspian didn't make "enough" money. They could've done a lot more with it than they did for the first two movies... A museum? Really?

JabberJaws
12-07-2010, 10:46 AM
As others have said, Disney dropped the Narnia movies after Prince Caspian was a relative flop at the box office.

I love the books and think the movies have been great. The theme is really neat and I think would make a very neat addition to the parks, however they simply do not have the broad-range of "current" appeal that the HP books and movies do. I would say that one attraction vs a whole land like HP would make more sense, but considering they dropped the movies I doubt that ever happens.

Frankly I am surprised that Disney hasn't yet tried to leverage some of its live action films/shows in attractions at DHS more as of yet. That being said, I suspect they are things in the works with WDI and wouldn't be surprised to see some Disney live action properties get theme park treatment soon.