PDA

View Full Version : Disney Charity?

DisneyOtaku
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Where better to go to ask Disney-related questions then Intercot? :-)

My dad is a hard person to Christmas shop for. So, instead of getting him something I know he'll never use, I would like to make a donation in his name to a charity--specifically, one that helps poor families and/or sick children take their dream trips to WDW. He's always bugging my sister and I into looking how to start a charity like that, so I know this is something he would really like.

I know there is Make-A-Wish, but are there any more charities out there, perhaps ones with more of a Disney-focus? My google skills are coming up with Disney's charity works, not charities that help people get to Disney.

Strmchsr
12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Give Kids The World is an excellent charity that helps serve the purpose you're talking about. Google it and you'll see. It's highly rated and very reputable.

DisneyOtaku
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you! That is exactly what I am looking for; and I know it is a cause my father could really get behind. He has a serious belief that every child should get to experience Disney magic, and this organization seems to be helping them live that dream :-)

Joannelet
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I cannot say enough great things about Give Kids the World. I have volunteered there in Florida and they give such a wonderful experience there for those children and their families :)
Whenever I have money for donations we always donate to that charity :)