PDA

View Full Version : Extended Hours!

eeyorepoohfan
12-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I just checked WDW site and saw they extended hours for our upcoming trip!! December 10-15th! I also saw they have 2 showing of Fantasmic on the nights it is done! We went the same dates last year and they didn't add these extra shows. They did extend hours, but I don't think it was a much as they did this year. So are the parks a lot more crowded right now? Is it better to go to the 2nd showing of Fantasmic or the first?

Gregandmel
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I've always heard that going to the 2nd showing was better (less crowded than the 1st showing). Also - if they are extending park hours and adding shows, it usually means they are expecting larger crowds, but this is still a great time to be there! Enjoy!!:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
12-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the heads-up.:thumbsup: I went to Disney.com and updated my trip organizer to reflect the new hours. It's nice to know if a park is staying open later in case we want to hop over to another park after dinner.

eeyorepoohfan
12-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I've always heard that going to the 2nd showing was better (less crowded than the 1st showing). Also - if they are extending park hours and adding shows, it usually means they are expecting larger crowds, but this is still a great time to be there! Enjoy!!:mickey:

I'm thinking we'll try to hit the 2nd show, I had heard it's usually a little less crowded! Thanks! We were pretty spoiled last year and had fairly light crowds. So we'll just go with the flow this year and be happy knowing we are at WDW!

eeyorepoohfan
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the heads-up.:thumbsup: I went to Disney.com and updated my trip organizer to reflect the new hours. It's nice to know if a park is staying open later in case we want to hop over to another park after dinner.

No problem! I check park hours about once a week once I book our trip! I almost started jumping up and down yesterday when I saw the extended hours! They added a lot more hours this year than last. At first glance, I hadn't noticed that they are opening MK at 8AM on Saturday and Sunday for general admission. I still thought it said 9AM! So that was an extra bonus! I think we'll have to plan in some resort rest time mid-day now to try to stay for those late hours! ;) I'm with you, I love hopping over to another park just for an evening sometimes! Happy planning! :D