PDA

View Full Version : Which WS establishment would you pick?

sportsguy2315
12-05-2010, 11:46 AM
DGF and I are looking to go for a nicer dinner when we're in the World in January. Since we'll be in Epcot and don't want to pay for the Park Hopper we're limiting it to places in WS while not being too impressed the dining options within our budget at the resorts. Which one is the most romantic, and which one would we get our best "bang for our buck"?

SBETigg
12-05-2010, 01:25 PM
It blows my mind that you're not impressed with resort dining because they have some of the best dining at WDW at any price point. Have you looked into Kouzzina, not far from WS? But you're asking for WS, so...

My preference of the list for a nice dinner is Chefs de France. Though the Japan options are very good, too, they just don't have the atmosphere if you're looking for something with a little romance. At Teppan Edo, you're seated with others. At Tokyo Dining, it feels a little casual inside. But if you love Japanese food, the food is good at both. And Marrakesh is not bad, but not as good as the others for me.

akaDisneyDreamer
12-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Tutto Italia is good, as well as Chefs de France. We also like Nine Dragon. I would say astto Italia has the most romantic atmosphere due to the fact it didn't seem as noisy as the other places.

lynnek
12-05-2010, 03:17 PM
I second the dinner at a resort thing. We were so much more impressed by the restaurants at the resorts. It makes it more of an event too.

Joannelet
12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
If you are going to Epcot...World Showcase is NOT far at all from Yacht and Beach Club which has Yachtsman Steakhouse. My hubby and I had my parents watch our DS1 and we went out on a date to there last Dec. It was so romantic and I loved every minute of that restaurant. The food was excellent and then we went and walked around World Showcase afterwards.
I would consider doing that if I were you!!!

Gator
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Hard to get romantic at WDW because of the bussle of all the people going in and out. I picked Teppen Edo - the food is good, and the show and service is far better than any local Japanese steak house around where I'm at. It has a nice dark setting and isn't quite as bussling as other dining options.

Marekesh is also very nice. Of course, some people would not consider belly dancing romantic. It's a personal choice.