PDA

View Full Version : Would it be economical

luvdiznee
12-05-2010, 10:45 AM
for Disney to have a TS dining plan only? Just like they have the QS.

I base this on the fact that when it's just me and DD those plans are still not worth it for us. I guess if anything we will just have to go with no DP again. :mickey:

gerald72
12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
You can make all TS res on the Deluxe Dining Plan.

akaDisneyDreamer
12-05-2010, 01:37 PM
We used the Deluxe Dining Plan on our last trip and ate TS for every meal. I'm not sure how ecconomical it was, but we got to sit down in air conditioned restaurants and had wonderful meals for the entire trip. We thought it was well worth it!

DizneyRox
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Probably not... We found the least economical choice for us is the DDP. We did mostly TS on our last trip, and with TiW we saved over the DDP. Even OOP was cheaper than the DDP. Disney would skew it in their favor.

My rule of thumb is, generally if Disney is offering it, it's making money for Disney above all else. It then boils down to the guests figureing out exactly how to work it so they don't lose too much.

We use the TiW for multiple trips (cut down the buy in fee) and being DVC owners we save considerable on the AP (needed to get it). WIthout that discount, I'm guessing it would be in our favor to start eating off property.

luvdiznee
12-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Probably not... We found the least economical choice for us is the DDP. We did mostly TS on our last trip, and with TiW we saved over the DDP. Even OOP was cheaper than the DDP. Disney would skew it in their favor.

My rule of thumb is, generally if Disney is offering it, it's making money for Disney above all else. It then boils down to the guests figureing out exactly how to work it so they don't lose too much.

We use the TiW for multiple trips (cut down the buy in fee) and being DVC owners we save considerable on the AP (needed to get it). WIthout that discount, I'm guessing it would be in our favor to start eating off property.

I geuss I was just hoping to get one TS meal/day, its just sometimes we don't feel like doing the TS & QS/day. So no DP for us, unless we plan to go to places like Jiko, Cali Grill and Yachtsman! :mickey:

jonahbear2006
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
It seems to me with the dining plan that it is only economical for the kids. The adults barely break even with the cost vs. what you order. The kids, on the other end of the spectrum...cannot be fed 3x a day for the price the ddp offers them....so, with every other disney discount, it becomes a toss up. Do you want to pay rack rate room and get free food, pay for food and get 40% off you room, do you want to pay out of pocket and save on adults food and pay more for kids, or do you want to buy ddp and get kids food cheaper and pay more for the adults? You can only save in one area with disney, never two at once.