PDA

View Full Version : What rides should have a camera

plutosnana
12-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I think that MK, and other WDW parks should have other cameras! I'm thinkin, Small World. Where do you think WDW parks should have cameras?

:goofy:

Twinsowner
12-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Cameras that do what??

plutosnana
12-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Like, the ones at Splash Mountain, then you can get one with your photopass! Sorry bad description! There's one at Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Test track etc.

gerald72
12-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Do you mean webcams???

plutosnana
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
yeah, :blush: ackward..

TheVBs
12-05-2010, 01:17 PM
I would love it if you could get your picture taken on more rides! :mickey:

Brandi1leigh
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I would love it too if they had more pictures on rides. I would love it even more if they hook up the ride cameras (old and new) to the photopass system. It would be great to hand over your photopass card and have ride photos added to your cd.

plutosnana
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
I would love it too if they had more pictures on rides. I would love it even more if they hook up the ride cameras (old and new) to the photopass system. It would be great to hand over your photopass card and have ride photos added to your cd.

They actually do that with Test Track with your photopass. You get your picture and their is a CM waiting for you where you look at the photos, you get 30 seconds to get it, because there is a timer, on each picture, the CM gets your photopass, and scans it under the picture.

Jim&AngieMarriner
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Im sure that people would love ride photos on Dumbo, Small World, and Pirates.

Also, i know this is a bit different but i wish there was a way you could experience the park from home. Let me explain; For a fee, say 150 a year, you could virtually ride every ride they have. The technology is there honestly using web cams and streaming video/audio. It could even be made easier if they just had a canned video that you would have streamed to your computer. It could even be taken a bit further and use something similar to Google streets to let you walk the park between rides if you really wanted to. It wouldnt take the place of actually being there but it would be a good way to take the edge off of my wanting to go between trips. Just a thought.

Granny Jill A
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Yes! My sentiments exactly.

BigThunderFan
12-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Im sure that people would love ride photos on Dumbo, Small World, and Pirates.

Also, i know this is a bit different but i wish there was a way you could experience the park from home. Let me explain; For a fee, say 150 a year, you could virtually ride every ride they have. The technology is there honestly using web cams and streaming video/audio. It could even be made easier if they just had a canned video that you would have streamed to your computer. It could even be taken a bit further and use something similar to Google streets to let you walk the park between rides if you really wanted to. It wouldnt take the place of actually being there but it would be a good way to take the edge off of my wanting to go between trips. Just a thought.

I think they already have that ride video thing, it's called You Tube :blush:

I wish the rides all had cameras and that they would link to our Photopass. Unfortunately I don't think any more rides pics will ever go on our Photopass cards. The new Space Mountain picture system is probably the way it will end up going since they can make even more money that way. I suppose the $99 they get for my CD isn't enough. :(

Granny Jill A
12-06-2010, 02:02 PM
They actually do that with Test Track with your photopass. You get your picture and their is a CM waiting for you where you look at the photos, you get 30 seconds to get it, because there is a timer, on each picture, the CM gets your photopass, and scans it under the picture.

It takes me more than 30 seconds to decide on a picture, and I'm guessing I'm not alone. This zip, zap, gone technique doesn't work for me. I like to gaze a little longer before deciding to buy.

biodtl
12-06-2010, 02:09 PM
It takes me more than 30 seconds to decide on a picture, and I'm guessing I'm not alone. This zip, zap, gone technique doesn't work for me. I like to gaze a little longer before deciding to buy.
In this case, you don't have to buy it, just scan your photopass card. It will into your photopass "account" and you can either buy it or not once you get home and look at your photopass photos.

PopPhan
12-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Problem is, people (like me, for instance) would take photos of the on-ride photo, then take it home and edit and print all they want! Disney wasn't making any money that way!

Granny Jill A
12-06-2010, 03:57 PM
In this case, you don't have to buy it, just scan your photopass card. It will into your photopass "account" and you can either buy it or not once you get home and look at your photopass photos.

That's funny because we asked if we could do just that on Splash Mountain, but were told nope. Strange....

Granny Jill A
12-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Problem is, people (like me, for instance) would take photos of the on-ride photo, then take it home and edit and print all they want! Disney wasn't making any money that way!

If they put it on the Photopass card, you would still have to order the photo through them, wouldn't you?

Gator
12-06-2010, 04:07 PM
This topic sure did take a turn from it's original intentions.

I'd love a picture on a kiddie ride: Goof's Barnstormer, Dumbo, Aladin's Carpets, Toy Story Mania, and the Speedway. I'd love to get their smiling faces on their favorite ride.

Brandi1leigh
12-07-2010, 12:38 AM
That's funny because we asked if we could do just that on Splash Mountain, but were told nope. Strange....

Photopass is only available on the Test Track ride.

Cinderelley
12-07-2010, 04:58 AM
I have always wanted them to put cameras on Big Thunder. :D

JabberJaws
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Hmm IASW w/ a camera huh? I can see it now, kinda like in Dinosaur, scary group of :thedolls::thedolls:DOLLS:thedolls::thedolls: pop up and scare everyone at the same time that the pic is taken! Best....pictures....ever.

Mousemates
12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
A well placed camera on Pooh (to have a good background) would be nice for lots of families with little ones...seeing as how most of the pic rides have height requirements that exclude small children.

crltkcagle
12-11-2010, 08:11 PM
BTMRR, Kali River Rapides, TSM, HM, POC, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Soarin, Winnie the Pooh, and Snow White would all be great! I would love to have pictures of my kids on those rides while they are riding. Just to see the look on their faces!