PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill or HDDR

remy1014
12-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I know ... completely different. It will be DH,DD6 and myself. I would love to try Garden Grill, but we recently switched to WL and it would be so easy to do HDDR this trip. The only night we can do it would be the night we have GG planned.

Maleficent_vf
12-03-2010, 04:38 PM
We've done both and you are correct - very different experiences.

We love GG and have been there numerous times because we enjoy the character interaction. It seems like a quieter, calmer experience than other character meals. That being said, I would never give up the fun we had the one time we did HDDR.

Both meals are served family-style, but they are very different. HDDR has "cowboy food" - fried chicken, BBQ ribs, beans, and potatoes - if memory serves me correctly. GG had a mix of beef, turkey and seafood when we were there last. Also with salad, veggies, potatoes and stuffing.

The entertainment at HDDR is county corn at its best. Lots of fun, some audience participation. GG features Mickey Mouse, Pluto and Chip and Dale. They circulate around to each table - it seems like the visits here are longer than at other character meals.

I'm feeling your dilemma. I would have a hard time choosing between the two. I look at HDDR as a one-time splurge and GG as an old friend you visit again and again. Sorry, guess this doesn't help much. :blush:

rubato
12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I was not a fan of the food at either place. However, I loved the show at HDDR and you do get wine, a beerlike substance or sangria included in the price. Don't know if that makes a difference or not? Also, you will be close to the Fort, and you haven't done it. So, for all those reasons, my vote is HDDR.:thumbsup:

iloveokw
12-04-2010, 04:27 PM
HDDR! Especially since you will be able to get there so easily. We love it.