PDA

View Full Version : A cheesy question--Best Cheese Plate?

2MuchWDFun
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone--I had a terrific cheese plate at Rose and Crown a couple of years ago.
We'll be eating at Narcosees, Le Cellier, California Grill, Citricos, Coral Reef, and Yak n Yeti...among other places.
Can anyone recommend a great cheese plate appetizer from any of these restaurants? Love to hear your thoughts...

SBETigg
12-02-2010, 06:05 PM
The California Grill cheese plate is my favorite because they have the most creative pairings of cheeses with accompaniments, for my taste. I wouldn't pass up the cheese plate at CG. Narcoossee's cheese plate is just okay by comparison, though it is still pretty good. Bistro de Paris did a very fine cheese plate as well, but features softer cheeses with more goat/sheep additions.

2MuchWDFun
12-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks so much for your cheese plate review--I just looked at the pics for the cheese plate served at Cali Grill. Love the presentation! I will be giving it a try!

faline
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I remember having a very nice cheese plate at Rose and Crown.

Last year, we had a delicious cheese plate at Narcoosee's.

2MuchWDFun
12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks Faline--we'll check out Narcoossee's as well.
The cheese plate will be my dining focus on this trip--with three of us on the DlxDDP we'll be able to try many appetizers--including cheese plates.

SBETigg
12-02-2010, 08:11 PM
You can also choose the cheese plate for your dessert option at California Grill and Narcoossee's.

2MuchWDFun
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
You can also choose the cheese plate for your dessert option at California Grill and Narcoossee's.

oooh--that would be a wonderful option, too. I'm really not a dessert kinda gal so that sounds great.I can always get a bite or two of dessert from my husband and son! Thanks for the great suggestion.

lynnek
12-02-2010, 11:08 PM
I liked the cheese plate at Flying Fish if you are going there. They had the cheese's arranged from mildest flavor to strongest and then some interesting pairings with them--for instance a honeycomb with a blue cheese.

rubato
12-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I'll be trying the one at Narcoossee's in January, so I'm happy to hear some good reviews! :thumbsup:

Gator
12-03-2010, 04:49 PM
The best cheese I've had at WDW was at Akershus in the Norway pavillion. It's on their cold plate buffet area. I've had cheese appetizers at several other places, but the cheese those Scandanavians make is really good.

2MuchWDFun
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I'll be trying the one at Narcoossee's in January, so I'm happy to hear some good reviews! :thumbsup:

I'll definitely post a report about the cheese plates we order during our upcoming trip.

rafiki fan
12-04-2010, 09:54 AM
We are considering Jiko's cheese plate. Has anyone tried it?

Kairi_7378
12-04-2010, 12:46 PM
My favorite "dessert" at the CA Grill is the cheese plate with a glass of dessert wine. So you really get 3 different tastes per cheese: cheese alone, cheese with the food accompaniment, and cheese+food+wine.

Also interested in the Jiko plate, would love to read a review if anyone would care to share.