PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Which is better? A long themed queue or a short non-themed queue?

MaxPower
12-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Have you ever been one of the first people in a park and walked-on a major attraction such as Pirates of the Carribean or Expedition Everest where the themed queue is long but since there's no one in front of you, you just keeping working your way through the queue until - boom- you get right on the attraction?

Here's my question:

Would you like all Disney attractions to have longer themed queues so that even during busier times, you would have a lot of queue to walk through, and that, in turn, would keep you occupied as you work your way to the attraction?

OR

Do you prefer the short queue (think Peter Pan)where you stand and move a couple of feet every minute, but the queue entrance is much closer to the attraction load area?

Buttercup
12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Well, the Peter Pan queue is sometimes really long depending on how they configure the chains going to the ride... so it's hard to say.

I think the Peter Pan queue is pretty boring, and when the lineup is long, it sure is frustrating because you can see the ride RIGHT THERE but it's still so far out of reach! :unsure:

So if it's got to be a long wait, I'd rather it be something interesting like Pirates or Space Mountain where there's actually things to look at or interact with -- to sort-of set up the ride's story before you even get on board.

2MuchWDFun
12-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Our family choice is the long, detailed Disney queue--it is one of the reason we love Disney compared to other amusement parks. The generic lines, which seem to be mostly in Fantasyland, are our least favorite.

The new queue for the Pooh ride looks fantastic--great addition!

CaptSmee
12-02-2010, 05:42 PM
long, detailed queue is the best whether there's a wait or not

BigThunderFan
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
I like ones with little teasers of the ride itself, kind of like you USED to have when you could see the Space Mountain shuttles cruising overhead. It builds the anticipation!

Mousemates
12-02-2010, 06:15 PM
give me anything but the Pan queue...that is the most miserable, hot and boring wait at WDW...themed is better...air-conditioned and themed is much better.

SBETigg
12-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I love the long, detailed queue. It's nice to have a mix, some long and more detailed and some not as much, but I do prefer the long, detailed queue. There's nothing like walking through them and taking in all the details as you pass.

lindique
12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
The long, detailed queue. This is especially enjoyable for the person who can't go on a thrill ride, but wants to wait with the rest of their party (i.e. Tower of Terror). The non-rider is at least able to enjoy part of the attraction that way (before heading for the chicken exit!!)

SpecJoe Magic
12-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Definitely a long, themed queue. Yeah, there are times when the park isn't busy, so one has to walk a while through an empty, long queue to get to an attraction, but I'd still rather deal with the extra walking because that kind of queue makes a long wait more bearable when the park is crowded. I like to keep on the move as much as possible even if I know the wait and walk is long.

Queues like Peter Pan's Flight are so annoying. They make me feel like I'm never getting anywhere due to only taking a few steps every now and then, even though I know the attraction ride vehicle is much closer. Plus, there is very little that is interesting to observe during the wait.

Bascially, it all comes down to perception. With a long queue, there is a perception of getting to the ride faster in addition to the detailed queue.

Ms. Mode
12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
long, detailed queue is the best whether there's a wait or not

Ditto! :thumbsup:

MOJoe
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
The detailed queues are better by far. They are really a part of the attraction itself, or an extension of the ride, if you will. The queues without theme make you feel as if you are being hearded like an animal. If i have to be in a line that moves just a few yards every minute, i would rather have something interesting to gather my attention.

Zawadi
12-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Detailed lines are better.

I think that the best line is the one for EE but I never get to see all of the exhibits as the longest that I've waited for EE is 15 mins (we've always gone to WDW during the quiet season)

Gator
12-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Anything that is air conditioned is great. And you gotta have a long queue for that, don't you?

JabberJaws
12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
I personally prefer the longer, themed queues. While I think a queue as long as the ride formerly known as Dueling Dragons at IOA is a bit overkill, I like queues like the one for Indy at DL. The length and theming really help to set the tone for the attraction and help to immerse the guest.

I think rides like Harry Potter at IOA, Indy at DL, EE, etc are examples of how intricate detail and theming and actually make a long queue feel shorter than a less/non-themed short queue.

jlm71wdw71
12-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Long queues, please.

One day, I hope to be stuck in a long line for Kali River Rapids - I have never had to wait for that ride which is a shame because the queue is stunning.

darthmacho
12-07-2010, 04:12 PM
While I'd rather a short wait in line, themed queues are better than non-themed ones, just in case you do have to wait in a longer one...:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Yep, I agree the long queue is best

Dragongirlx
12-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I much prefer a long detailed queue with things to look at then a short boring queue with nothing to do. My favourites are splash mountain, pirates and tower of terror

jpcns50
12-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Another vote for long, themed lines....We have even been known to take our time walking through a line and letting people pass to check out the themeing...our first ride on our trip is always Space Mountain, so there is not usually a line, but I love to walk slow up to the ride vehicles and look at everything, its when I know I'm really there!:mickey:

finaldynasty
01-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Give me the long themed queue all day long. It gets me ready for the ride...

wdwfamilyof4
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
We love in Ohio and have several large amusement parks here and not a single one of the rides has a themed queue. After going to Disney for the first time 5 yrs ago, I have only gone back to one of the local parks once and hated it because I've been spoiled by the wonderful world of Disney. Now I feel everplace else is a waste of time. Hands down one of my favorite things to do is look at all the details. I don't mind waiting in line and the real test is my kids enjoy standing in line & noticing different things. The cool queue's actually helped me convert my husband into being a disney freak now he tries to convince everyone we know that they should go to WDW for vacation and his number 1 reason is always "They've got the most amazing details everywhere".

PrettyMinnie
01-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Definitely long queue! No one does detail like Disney! :mickey:

forever a child
01-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Although I have never ridden it, I had the best time going through the queue line of the ToT's :) I went through it with DD and I can't wait to do it again! LOL ;)

Horizon One
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
I enjoy the themed queue and would much prefer it to a short non-themed one.
You can go anywhere for lines without themes. Most theme parks are like that and that is one of the small things that makes Disney unique.
I can stand in a normal line anywhere, the bank, Wal-Mart, License office you name it now if they themed lines it would make the wait more enjoyable. :mickey: