PDA

View Full Version : AP's Reserved Seating for Illuminations??

tcswife
11-30-2010, 10:49 PM
I just read in another post about an AP's reserved section for Illuminations......Does anyone know where this may be and is it available every night?? Illuminations is a hard show to get a spot for with my party of 7 especially with 2 strollers!! I could handle the crowd if I had a guaranteed good viewing spot:mickey:

MickeysBestPal
12-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Last time I heard of this was in 2002.

Is is back?

KylesMom
12-01-2010, 01:03 AM
I, too, haven't heard of this in many years. In fact, they had already discontinued it by the time we visited that summer. I didn't see anything in my new Mickey Monitor either . . . which is where they usually give details of the A/P perks. If they brought it back, I would also think Jason would have a bead on it in the News forum. Any new info, folks?

Gator
12-01-2010, 01:49 AM
The only time I saw it was in 2002. I was lucky enought to get into that area when I told the CM I was on my honeymoon. Haven't seen that section roped off since then.

TheRustyScupper
12-01-2010, 02:48 AM
1) No such special viewing are just for AP holders.
2) There are too many AP's to build one area for them.
3) There are reserved spots for
. . . Grand Gatherings
. . . Dessert Receptions
. . . Special Parties (eg, weddings)
. . . Corporate Events
4) Of course, there is a charge for such viewing.
5) For your group, the alternatives are
. . . staking out a spot quite a while in advance
. . . getting dinner at an eatery with a view
. . . taking an Illuminations Cruise
. . . taking pot-luck for a pot

NOTE: Occasionally, there will be a special event where they toss in priority viewing as a perk. But, such events always have a price.

Ian
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah there really are no perks left for AP's anymore. It's a shame ... they used to treat you pretty well. For awhile, they even had that special AP lounge in The Land pavilion but that didn't last long either.

From what DW just told me, though, they are including special fireworks viewing for CP dinner package guests. I don't remember them doing that previously, although I may just not remember. It's been a couple years since we did CP.

HoosierDisneyFan
12-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know where the reserved Candlelight Processional section is located?

Ian
12-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know where the reserved Candlelight Processional section is located?Last year, from what I've been able to determine, it was a standing only area in Showcase Plaza, which is right near the entrance to World Showcase as you're coming up from Future World.

Basically that spot directly in front of you as you hit the entrance to World Showcase.

Mickey'sApprentice
12-04-2010, 01:55 PM
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the area between and behind the 2 gift shops at the front of world showcase. I hope so since we have CP package reservations during our trip.