PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers and Pixie dust please

crazypoohbear
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I have been unemployed for over a year. Today DH lost his job also.
We have no savings, a kid in college and Christmas is in 3 weeks.( DS #1 was accepted into a semester abroad program but unless his financial aid covers it he can't go now)
I have been collecting unemployment but if the vote today doesn't extend it I will lose my 200.00 a week check. DH has to wait until thursday to even apply for unemployment so who knows when that might kick in.
We have no dental insurance and I have an abcess tooth and DS #2 needs to have his wisdom teeth removed.

I am so distressed right now I am actually having chest pains and can't take a deep breath.

I had a telephone interview today and have a face to face interview thursday. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say a prayer that I get this job, it comes with benefits and is close to home.
Thanks in advance for your support.

tinksmom02
11-30-2010, 09:12 PM
:pixie: and :hug: that your luck turns around very soon!

Disney4us2
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Good luck with your face to face interview.

Mickey052501
11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Please take care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers, good luck on the job!!!

Jen:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Good luck to you and your family. I'm sure things will turn around for you. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

DizNee143
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
i hope more than anything that you get the job..and that things start turning around for you guys!! i know what your going through all too well..even though both me and the hubby have jobs..they just arent cutting it..i hate money and what its doing to everyon in the world..
this is the first time ever that we dont have the money to cover our mortgage..and im going crazy over it..

vizsla
12-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Prayers and Pixie Dust on the way.

Tinkerfreak
12-01-2010, 06:38 AM
I am so sorry about your bad situation. I truly hope you get this job and that things get better soon.

btharvey
12-01-2010, 07:10 AM
:pixie:
.....:pixie:
..........:pixie:
...............:pixie:
....................:pixie:

Melanie
12-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Best of luck!!! :pixie:

SBETigg
12-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Sending prayers and pixie dust! I'm sorry for your stress and hope it all gets better fast.

:pixie:

faline
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm so sorry! I certainly hope things improve for your family soon! Good luck with the interview! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

crazypoohbear
12-01-2010, 09:47 AM
i hope more than anything that you get the job..and that things start turning around for you guys!! i know what your going through all too well..even though both me and the hubby have jobs..they just arent cutting it..i hate money and what its doing to everyon in the world..
this is the first time ever that we dont have the money to cover our mortgage..and im going crazy over it..

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this also. I will pray for you and your hubby as well.

This is so bad now, we were living paycheck to paycheck but now with no paycheck it is beyond stressful.

God please let me get this job so we can get back on track again. I'm not asking for a lot, just enough so we can live and get by.

princessgirls
12-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Keeping you and your family in prayer during this very hard time for you.

Keep us updated.

Julie:mickey:

Tick-Tock
12-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Thinking of you and hoping your interview goes well!

Disney Hungarian
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Good luck on the interview tomorrow. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Disneymom4ever
12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm so sorry, I truly hope you get that job! Good luck tomorrow. Things like this always seem to make us stronger, but I know it's hard, especially around the holidays. Please keep us updated. Keeping you and your family in prayer.

Mickey'sGirl
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I wish you all the best. I understand your stress, and hope that things turn around for you very soon! This job would be a fabulous first step!!

Dulcee
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Much thoughts and prayers, and take a deep deep breath, the last thing you need is stress to color your interview! Things have a way of working themselves out, you need to keep that in mind when it seems like things are falling apart.

MNNHFLTX
12-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm so very sorry for the stress you are going through, and I hope that you get this job (and are happy in it).

Just an added note--don't ignore the chest pain and just chalk it up to stress. If it continues it really could be something more serious. Take care of yourself. :hug:

Joannelet
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Think about good things happening to you and they will!!!
You are in my prayers!! Good luck with your interview!!! I hope you knock their socks off!!!

Hair_Razor
12-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I am so sorry for your predicament, I am sending my positive thoughts your way and hoping for a good outcome! Please keep us updated on how things turn out!:pixie:

CanadianWDWFan
12-02-2010, 09:11 AM
I understand what you are going through. I lost my job of 18 years last May. I was in a position where I felt that I would be safe from cuts or downsizing. But no one is immune to this down turn. I finally found a job in a completely different industry.

Don't give up!! I didn't! There are jobs out there. I wish you and your family the best of luck during these trying times. I hope the interview works out for you today.

laprana
12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Sending lots of prayers, good thoughts, and :pixie::pixie: your way! Best of luck to you on your interview today!!

crazypoohbear
12-02-2010, 08:49 PM
I think the interview went well, I was there for over 1 and 1/2 hours, met with 3 different people and the manager showed me around and introduced me to some of the co workers. She then showed me the system they use and showed me the lunch room. I'm hoping those are good signs.

Still having heart palpitations and shortness of breath but I'm sure it's just stress, I hate stress.
I really hope and pray that I get this job, it's close to home, convienent and I feel comfortable that I could do the job easily. and it has medical and dental.
If you could please keep your prayers and pixie dust coming my way I thank you.

I know in the big picture we are not nearly as bad off as many others, we have our health (pretty much) and we have a roof over our heads and we have heat and electicity. I'm really trying to make lists of all our blessings to keep me from totally panicking.
I just never invisioned both of us being out of work :(

azdisneymom
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Prayers from Arizona. Hope you both get good news about jobs soon!

Melanie
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Hope you get good news soon!! :fingers:

crazeedizneefinatic
12-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I am so sorry...our family just went through this...I have been a sahm to my son for 10 years doing jobs here and there and my husband was the primary bread winner...he lost his job in august without notice or warning...the company downsized...we had just built a house and moved in a few months before and had a larger mtg. then before..I was paniced and sick and felt out of control...I took a part time job at a daycare and on top of unemployment my husband worked part time also...somehow we made it through..it was very hard...he was very fortunate to find a job quickly (3 months to the day) and just recently started his new position on the 22nd...keep your faith...there will be days you want to lose it and your allowed but use that energy to trudge forward...good luck to you and I hope you land that job...

crazypoohbear
12-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Well, the interview was over a week ago and I have not heard anything ;(
I have another interview this week but this one is about 50 minutes away from home and only pays 12.50 per hour. I really don't even want to go that far for the interview but one of us needs to get a job with benefits.
I really liked the last place I interviewed with and really wish they would call with an offer but I dont' know that after a week that is even an option.

MNNHFLTX
12-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Don't give up hope quite yet. It may be they are holding their decision until interviewing other candidates in depth. And then they would want to work out the logistics before making an offer. Having been a manager at one time, I was always amazed at how much red tape (and time) these things took.

CanadianWDWFan
12-13-2010, 07:42 AM
When I got a job offer, I had to wait nearly four weeks before I heard anything back from them after the interview. In all it took six months from the time I applied to the time I got the job offer.

So hang in there!!

Melanie
12-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Agreed with Brian and Beth. Don't give up hope yet! With my current job, it was about a month between interview and start date. Unfortunately it does take time. Hang in there! :fingers:

crazypoohbear
12-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you for the encouraging words.
I can't believe how long it takes to get a job, that's both encouraging and discouraging at the same time :blush:
I really did like the place I interviewed and thought things went well, they showed me around even where the break room was. Introduced me to some of the other employees so I really think it went well. I checked the website today and the job is still posted there so I know it hasn't been filled yet.
I really hope I get this job.
Thank you again for the prayers and good thoughts, it does help!

faline
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh goodness! I was hoping I was going to pop in here and hear that you had gotten an offer for the job you want! Keep in mind that decisions are often slowed down at this time of year as many key decision makers are on vacation - there's still hope! Best of luck and I hope you get the job you want!

crazypoohbear
12-15-2010, 12:34 PM
:(
Just heard back from that company, didn't get the job :(
Interview tomorrow for the one that is 45 minutes away on a good day. Still sending out about 5 resumes per day.

I am thinking of just chucking it all and going to school. Anybody have any knowledge of Medical billing/coding?

I have always been interested in medical/legal stuff but haven't been to school since high school many, many many years ago.
Is it worth getting this certificate?
Are there jobs out there?
anyone doing this job now?
Thanks again

laprana
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm so sorry you got bad news from the company! I can't offer any information on medical billing/coding, but I just wanted to pass along some more :pixie: to help you in whatever path you choose. Hang in there! :hug:

ElenitaB
12-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Sorry you didn't get the position. A note back to the recruiter, indicating how much you enjoyed interviewing with them and their company might be in order. There's always the chance that another position could open up, or the person they hired might not work out.

When I was out of work, I also considered going for that certification. Keep in mind that a lot of people are also going for that certification...

Are there any temporary agencies in your area? I've made great connections through jobs I've had working temp, was able to show employers my skills and work ethic, and received more than one job offer. And even if I didn't get an offer, I still was pulling in a paycheck.

crazypoohbear
12-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I have a second interview for another company for Wednesday morning. Thank you all for the kind words and good thoughts.
This is the job I wasn't sure I wanted due to distance. But... I found a shorter route, really liked the people I interviewed with, who I would be working with and The medical and dental benefits start immediately. Which would be great!
Thank you again for the continued good thoughts.

TheVBs
12-17-2010, 07:51 PM
So sorry for all the stress you're going through! :( Lots of :pixie: coming your way. Fingers crossed on the second interview!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-17-2010, 11:27 PM
YAY! A second interview is a good sign. Remind me to get your former dates of employment and I'll call to make sure your old job isn't sabotaging you! They were less than professional so nothing would surprise me.

crazypoohbear
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Still no job :(
still job hunting.
getting discouraged by the day.
I think that my old company is either not giving me a decent recommendation or they are just not responding to the employment verification at all :(
I know that Payroll princess called for an employment verification and was told they wouldn't release any information without signed consent from me. Never heard of such a thing.
I faxed over signed consent and they still never responded.
If I were the company doing the hiring, I sure wouldn't jump through hoops to get an employee verification so I would just hire the other candidate.

Dsnygirl
01-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Just saw this thread and read through it -- sending prayers and :pixie: your way, as I know how stressful this must be for you. I hope you're able to find something soon -- be sure to let us know how you're doing! :hug:

princessjojo
01-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Wishing you the best of luck with the job hunting.

I've walked in your shoes, and unfortunatly, many times its the children that pay the price. I was fortunate, if there is such, to lose my job before the recession was official and no one thought something like this would happen (about 7yrs ago). Swore I would never go back to work for a mfg company again and I didn't. Went back to school twice and now work in health care. We too were faced with HUGE medical bills during this time as well, but you will always find a way.

We made drastic life changing decisions sold our home and depleted my retirement, but made it.

You will find a way when you least expect it. Sending hope and prayers your way.....

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-20-2011, 07:55 PM
I finally hear back from Crazypoohbear's former employer and they weren't giving her a bad reference or really any at all. They only verify dates of employment which is what I do also. So that's good anyway. She still hasn't found anything so keep praying for her. So far this year has stunk as we also lost our mother on Sunday. I really hope things get better fast!

At least we have our trip to WDW to look forward to next month. As long as it keeps snowing her husband can keep getting paid for plowing which will keep them from having to cancel the trip. We really need this trip!

KODABEAR
01-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Trip to WDW is just the thing for all of you! A few days away to laugh together and remember all the fun events/times you've had with MOM and each other! :grouphug: