PDA

View Full Version : Please vote on what I'll eat at LeCellier next week.

Ropachs
11-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Already had the filet. There are two other dinner options that make my mouth water:

New York Strip Steak with Bercy Butter served with Yukon Gold Potato Gratin.

Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak with Hazelnut butter and cream cheese mashed potatoes.

Your vote will determine my dinner! I will report when we're home...and I'm out from under the piles of laundry and souven-ears.

jmj18
11-30-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't eat beef but if I did...the coffee rubbed
strip steak with cream cheese mashed sounds yummy!

Enjoy!

:mickey:

Twinsowner
11-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I just recently returned from the World and am happy to give you my opinion. I also dined at LeCellier and have had the filet several times before(very good by the way), and decided to try something different. I could not decide between the New York or the Kansas City. I went out on a limb and took the Kansas City coffee rubbed strip. I am sorry to tell you that it was by far the worst steak, or piece of meat of any kind , that I have ever eaten at Walt Disney World. It is exactly what it says. Rubbed with coffee grounds. The strip steak was extremely tough, and very gritty from the coffee. Very little flavor. I covered it with sea salt and pepper to make it a little tasteful but it really didnt help. the Au Gratin potatoes are very good ( I substituted). everyone else got the filet and I thouroughly enjoyed my appetizer( spicy sausage with sweet corn polenta which I get every time) so it really didnt ruin my experience. I just will not order that same meal again. In my opinion, stick with the filet, or try something besides either of the strips.

Gator
11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get the coffee rubbed KC steak. I was tricked into thinking that it sounded pretty good - that it was some kind of Canadian delicacy. Well, they can have it. It was not good at all. Probably the worst steak I've ever had. I've had the Prime Rib and the Filet and both were good. But don't do the coffee rub steak. You will regret it.

SBETigg
11-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Go with the NY strip! But I have had some wonderful coffee-rubbed steaks in the past, just not at Le Cellier. I don't know how it is there. Actually, I would repeat the filet, but if you want something new, I would go ahead and try it.

tinksmom02
11-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow, I was going to vote for the Kansas City, but hearing those poor reviews, now I'm thinking maybe not. Personally, I'd stick with the filet.

cer
11-30-2010, 10:08 PM
I know you said the filet was out, but I would get it, and the cream cheese mashed potatoes instead of the risotto. :thumbsup:

Twinsowner
12-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Thanks Gator for confirming that. Just so you know i am not a picky eater. I will eat pretty much any kind of meat and not complain about it. I understand they have coffee rubbed meats at other rest. and maybe they are delicious, but that KC steak is not edible. Sorry leCellier....you are still one of my favorite rest.!

Ropachs
12-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow. Okay, no coffee steak. Anyone had the NY strip steak?

KylesMom
12-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Both DH and I would recommend the NY Strip (mine medium rare, DH's medium well), which we order most every time. I also order a side of the grilled asparagus, while DH orders a side of their onion rings which have been perfect every time. MMMMM! :wine:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Don't know about the strip, but my mom had the prime rib and it was awesome

disney1122
12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak with Hazelnut butter and cream cheese mashed potatoes.

PlutoPlanet
12-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I vote

Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak

I had that this summer. The coffee flavor was not overwhelming.