PDA

View Full Version : NYC Hotel

RBrooksC
11-30-2010, 01:13 PM
If anybody is planning a trip to NYC for Christmas, to see the new Disney Store, or to just visit, I would recommend staying at the Staybridge Suites in W 40th Street in Manhattan. This is especially so if you are planning on driving.

The hotel is located just outside the Lincoln Tunnel, there is a public parking garage next to the hotel which the hotel will validate (no "in/out" privledges), and the rooms are very nice, if small, full suites with a flat screen TV, full kitchen, and a very nice bathroom.

It was walking distance from Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and Herald Square. From there, you can get a subway to any place in Manhattan. The service was impeccable and, while I assume most hotels will do this, they will hold your luggage when you get there or the day you leave, if you want to explore the city.

Also, every day is an "American Breakfast" of eggs, sausage, breads, pastries, fruit, juice and coffee free to guests and during the week, is a happy hour. We went on a Saturday night so I don't know what the happy hour has available.

When we go there overnight again, we will be sure to stay there.

NJGIRL
12-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. There are so many hotels in NYC it is hard to decide where to stay without hearing personal experiences.

luvdiznee
12-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes, thank you for that. I like to hear recommendations. Even though we just drove out there a couple weekends ago, we were saying we want to stay overnight sometime, but just not sure where to stay. :cool: