PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain in detail all about the Candlelight Processional?

AndyMan
11-30-2010, 01:19 AM
I will be attending the Candlelight Processional for the first time ever next week.

1) I know it's popular. How does the queue work for this show? Is there a good chance people are turned away?

2) The term "processional" makes me think that there is some sort of entrance by the performers. Do they make their way through the park like a parade?

3) Can you choose your own seating? Or are you told where to sit?

4) How long is the "show"?

WRWDisney
11-30-2010, 04:53 AM
I'll do my best, thinking back to last year.

There are two ques, one for those who did the dinner package, and one for everyone else. The dinner package que starts at the theatre and goes back towards France. This line is let in first and is guarnateed seats. They will be in the closest seats. (Btw, seating is like parking, they direct you in to the rows). Once the dinner package folks are in, the "stand by" folks come in. I don't think they ever fill it with dinner package, but save some seats. However, a lot of the seats go to the dinner package folks. The line for non-dinner package (which goes back towards Mexico) can begin as early as two hour before the show.

As for the processional, they process into the theater from the back. Am fairly certain that there is no procession outside of the theatre.

The show lasts about 45 minutes if I recall. Frankly, it is so wonderful, that I am not sure how long it was. It was just perfect.

Wonderful show and would not miss it. Dinner package is the way to go if planning time allows, if not, you'll have to decide if the line is worth it. I am sure some one will come along and correct any thing I got wrong or add details. Have a great trip!

Altair
11-30-2010, 06:06 AM
This is outside, correct? Is a seat necessary or can you enjoy it from farther away?:mickey:

bouncer
11-30-2010, 07:28 AM
I have done both--I would say either would be fine. I've stood back by the America Pavillion and thoroughly enjoyed it but if it is a cool & windy evening I prefer to have the dining package and sit as close to the stage as possible-that area is covered and will keep the wind down some.

goofysally
11-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Last year, as proud parents, we watched our daugher, the castmember sing in the choir. We stood in the rain (each wearing two poncho) for an
hour in the standby line, we had seats in the uncovered seating area. After sitting there for about 30 minutes... the high school and college
choirs arrive, and then the Disney choir and guest
reader. After taking a few photos, and listening
to a few songs... we left and went back to Beach
Club to dry out! If you don't have a dining package, then make your decision to go based on the weather. Three nights later the weather was perfect!!! Can't visit for Candlelight Processional
then watch the youtube food court Hallelujah
choir.!

Dznygrl79
11-30-2010, 08:27 AM
I have not done this is a few years I think the last time was 2005 but

1) I know it's popular. How does the queue work for this show? Is there a good chance people are turned away?
I have always done a dinner package so I had a seat, the line is a long one.
2) The term "processional" makes me think that there is some sort of entrance by the performers. Do they make their way through the park like a parade?
The orchestra or band was seated when we came in but the choir did process is during the opening. I don't think they came through the park just from a backstage area.
3 Can you choose your own seating? Or are you told where to sit?
I was not able but I sit where the ASL interpreter is, however by the end of the line they seemed to be guiding guests to take seats not really picking thier own.
4) How long is the "show"?
It was an hour or so, it goes through the entire Christmas Story with music, it may have been longer but it was beautiful and the time flew.

MarkC
11-30-2010, 09:53 AM
I also think you can see it very clearly just standing in back just outside the American Gardens Theatre. Obviously you are not as close then, but if you don't want to stand in line that is an option. You will still hear it very clearly in back. The show is very well done and I would consider it a must see if you are WDW over Christmas time.