PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic dining package

spoonfulosugar
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
We have always done the package for Fantasmic...thinking about skipping it this time and just trying the show by itself. OR, if we DO decide to go with the package-Does the lunch at Brown Derby still count as 2 TS? Can't remember-Are all three package options 2 TS?

THANKS!

CleveRocks
11-30-2010, 12:38 AM
The Brown Derby is the only Dinner Package option that's 2 TS credits. Mama Melrose and Hollywood & Vine are each 1 TS credit restaurants.

The Dinner Package is available only at specific times. Unless Fantasmic is showing very very early, I doubt that there will be a lunchtime Dinner Package reservation.

KylesMom
11-30-2010, 09:31 AM
You may want to double-check this - I remember something about Hollywood Brown Derby going to an ala carte option for the Fantasmic Dinner Package about a year and a half ago. They may have changed it again, but it wouldn't hurt to call the dining line and ask.

As CleveRocks mentioned, HBD was the only participating restaurant which was two TS credits.

I don't believe you can make the Fantasmic package reservations on line - I know we needed to call this past summer for Mama Melrose. :mickey:

Gator
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
You'll get a weird time to eat. I think the latest dinner time I ever got was 4:30. I've got 3:15 for the next trip. Not what I wanted, but I'll take it if I can get a good seat.

KylesMom
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Going way, way back into our archives, I realized just how much the Fantasmic! Dinner Package has changed - in the meals served, the prices, and the dining times.

In 2000 (our first trip with DS at 36 months - and our second ever) our package at H&V was at 6:30 - and you couldn't make a reservation for it until you checked in. After that 2000 experience at H&V, we decided to try Mama Melrose, which we still consider our "home" restaurant while in DHS to this day.

Fast-forwarding to 2006, we were able to schedule an ADR at MM for 5:40 with the rest of our ADRs (or PS, as it was called).

The past couple of years, the latest we've been able to get a Fantasmic package for is 4:55. Not ideal when the show starts at 9:00, but we'll take it every time.

Thank goodness they put the "special" entrance back in, especially since the show is only run a few times a week! While we love Fantasmic because of the family tradition factor, I don't know that we'd do either the package or the show, for that matter, if they hadn't put the package entrance back in.