PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or Beach Club?

txdisneyfanatic
11-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Is there anyone out there who has stayed at both and could give me their reviews of these two? Thanks so much for any info! :mickey:

jacknsally02
12-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I have, I think it depends on what you are looking for.. you are the same distance from epcot, boats to ds from both etc.. Boardwalk has both a quieter side and a busy side, beach club has gotten busier since they added the disney vaction club to it. I usually ask myself one thing, do I want to take a walk at night or in the morning, because I find that there are much better breakfast options and yacht/beach but late at night there is more to do at boardwalk. So if you like taking a walk to a good breakfast and a more tired at night, boardwalk. If you want to be right there for breakfast and walk over to the nightlife boardwalk. I find that if you like the quiet pools the one at boardwalk is a bit more quiet. So think of what you want to do, as you can see Im more of a boring quiet pool, breakfast eating gal haha.

AuntLaura
12-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Beach Club. I'm a DVC member. Only stayed at BoardWalk once, but all of the food options are out on the BoardWalk. In inclement weather, that's a bummer. At Beach Club, everything is inside. Stormalong Bay, is more interesting at B&Y Club, if you are a pool person. Also, we drive down to WDW. Like the proximity of the parking lot much better than at BW. Easier to load and unload yoru car. You don't have to compete for parking with all the people who are coming for the restaurants.

Mitzie
12-02-2010, 02:53 PM
We have stayed at both and that is a tough question. The previous posters hit on great things. I think it all boils down to theme and what you like. BWI is smaller than BC with fewer rooms overall. Our room at BC overlooked the lake and seemed busier where as or room at BWI overlooked an interior courtyard and was very quiet. Some are down right scared of the clown pool at BWI. I can't speak for it as it was closed while we were there and they shuttled us to BC/YC's pool. I do like that you can get some lunch right there at Hurricane Hannah's by the pool where as at BWI you would of have to gone back out to the boardwalk and carry the food back to the pool area. We came away from the area wanting to try Yacht club next so I guess for us the BC/YC resorts hedge out BWI.

Joannelet
12-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I have a tendency to lean towards Yacht and Beach Club because nothing can compare to that pool!!! :)
On the other hand Boardwalk does have more nightlife but either way you are NOT far from any of them.

MinniesMom
12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I've stayed at both and would say BC without a doubt!

PlutoPlanet
12-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Can't go wrong with either one. We're BW people, but like BC too.

Rachie
12-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm trying to figure out the same thing! We're going in September & are leaning towards the Beach Club...mainly because we've never been there before. Plus, I've heard the pool is really nice.

Mousemates
12-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Beach Club would get my vote...Stormalong Bay with its sand covered bottom is a hoot...if you have kids of any age they will love it...and even if you don't you will enjoy it too