PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Illuminations Holiday Question?

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
11-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know if there is a special Illuminations for the holiday season because I am assuming there is because of all the other great holiday stuff at Epcot? If so how long after Christmas will it run before resuming the regular Illuminations show (which is still awesome)? We are arriving on New Years Day and plan on being at Epcot that day. What are my chances of seeing Christmas related things? Thanks

Strmchsr
11-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Illuminations is slightly different during the Christmas season, but I don't know how long after Christmas it goes. It's not enough different to be a "must see." Just a nice change of pace if you've seen it many times before.

Gator
11-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Gotta disagree with the PP. It most definitely is a must-see. The 3-4 minute finale is INCREDIBLE. I really love Illuminations - love it - but the holiday addition blows my mind. I've seen it 4 times and it's never lost its amazing quality. I hope it's there for you when you go.

big blue and hairy
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Gotta disagree with the PP. It most definitely is a must-see. The 3-4 minute finale is INCREDIBLE. I really love Illuminations - love it - but the holiday addition blows my mind. I've seen it 4 times and it's never lost its amazing quality. I hope it's there for you when you go.I'm with Gator, it's definitely a must see. It's not that much different. The normal Illuminations is edited slightly and a holiday end added. It is well worth seeing.

:sulley::santa:

Strmchsr
11-29-2010, 06:37 PM
The normal Illuminations is edited slightly and a holiday end added. It is well worth seeing.

I'm not saying Illuminations isn't a must see, just that I can take or leave the holiday version. I didn't find it different enough to be disappointed if I missed it. Illuminations itself, though, is always a must see.

JPL
11-29-2010, 08:33 PM
I love the Holiday Tag at the end of Illuminations. I think it has the most fireworks I have ever seen shot off in 4 minutes! The ground was shaking and the sky was lit up an awesome finale! :thumbsup:

TinkerbellsMom
11-30-2010, 05:32 AM
For us, the Holiday Illuminations is a must see. When we went in 2007, the holiday ending gave me the happy chills and brought tears to my eyes!

MickeysBestPal
11-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know if there is a special Illuminations for the holiday season because I am assuming there is because of all the other great holiday stuff at Epcot? If so how long after Christmas will it run before resuming the regular Illuminations show (which is still awesome)? We are arriving on New Years Day and plan on being at Epcot that day. What are my chances of seeing Christmas related things? Thanks

On New Year's Eve they offer two special IllumiNations shows.
But, I don't think either of them offers the "Holiday Ending" (Christmas ending) discussed in this thread.
On that night, IllumiNations is specially themed for New Years.

However, since you plan on attending on New Year's Day (Jan. 1, 2011) then you will not see any special IllumiNations show. On that day, they revert to the "regular" IllumiNations, without any holiday tag.

It's easy to tell... if IllumiNations is scheduled to begin at 9:30PM, then the Holiday (Christmas) tag will be performed.

If IllumiNations is scheduled to begin at 9PM, then no tag will run.

big blue and hairy
11-30-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm not saying Illuminations isn't a must see, just that I can take or leave the holiday version.I know, and I was disagreeing with you....:thumbsup:

:sulley::santa: