PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan meal question

srr
11-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I was just at sci-fi theater at HS. WE have basic dining plan. I thought that would include a non-alch. beverage,appetizer, entree, and dessert for the table service credit. Our server said that an appetizer wasn't included- just the drink, entree, and dessert. Was she correct?

Gator
11-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Yes, unfortunately. The DDP used to have the appetizer and tip included. But they changed it 2 or 3 years ago and threw those items out. The price went down a little, but not much. The DDP used to be a steal - now it saves you $5-10 day. Still not too bad.

AllDisney
11-29-2010, 05:49 AM
Yes, the DDP has changed. I think, for us anyway, it's still saves us money:thumbsup:

Jillirose
11-29-2010, 06:56 AM
That's called bait and switch!! We noticed it too.
After three years on the plan, we are skipping and keeping track of all of our receipts this February.

Our main criticism is that it's not flexible. I would often prefer an appetizer and salad or app and entre to the entre and dessert. Choice in the combination would be much better for us.

srr
11-29-2010, 07:12 AM
But all the brouchures and online info still say it includes and appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage for a table service credit???

paragon
11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
No appetizer is fine with us, more often than not we seem to always more than enough food to eat!
I found that using the Dining Plan Calculator was very helpful, it was the determining factor in our choice to use the plan.
I find that we certainly eat better when on the plan, and we eat at places we never would have gone to before, ie: Cinderella's table, Trotto Italia, etc. Each morning at breakfast, we always opt to get that extra drink, which carries us through the mornings, and sometimes we actually have too many!
Still a good value.
On our past trip I saved the receipts to do some math and we would have spent well over$400 on meals if we paid out of pocket, and if we had to, we wouldn't have eaten that way, we would have been stuck with chicken nuggets and burgers!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-29-2010, 08:30 AM
But all the brouchures and online info still say it includes and appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage for a table service credit???

The deluxe dining plan does still include the appetizer, but the regular plan doesn't, it can get confusing if you're not familiar with the different plans!