PDA

View Full Version : Game plan for each park

susanccr
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Is there a thread somewhere that has suggested game plans for each park, such as a list of the attractions to head straight to for FP's or the best way to navigate the parks? I know I've seen stuff like that before but can't seem to find much info on it now.

CleveSJM
11-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Great question! We don't seem to do too good of a job with that. I'd suggest searching the Discussion threads here for park plan, park day plan, or park touring plan. There are other sites that I can't post here but if you PM me I think I'm allowed to point you in that direction.

MagicalGuest
11-28-2010, 08:19 PM
MK—Space Mountain, Pan, BTMRR, Splash Mountain.
DHS—Toy Story Mania, ToT, Rockin' Roller Coaster.
Epcot—Soarin', Test Track.
AK—Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Rapids, Dinosaur, the safari.

Of course, you can only get one FastPass at a time, so you'll have to decide which rides are most important to you. Have fun!

kemps@wdw
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Good idea for a thread, But everyone's game plan will be different based on ages of children, party size, and preferred attractions. For instance, alot of posts recommend TSM first thing @ DHS. Frankly, I was a little disappointed after all the hype. IMHO...not worth the mad rush to get there. We were among the first in and when we came out, the wait time was 100 minute?...c'mon! We usually double whammy (FP and ride and ride again) the RRC and TOT, then move on to the rest of the park. MK finds us heading to Adventureland for POTC and then onto Frontierland to FP Splash and ride BTMRR (or vice versa). Fantasyland and Tomorrowland is later in the afteroon, maybe @ night, or even another day. Epcot...Soarin 1st (FP and ride) then the rest of FW. WS usually sees us in the afternoon/evening or maybe another day. (hence the beauty of the Park Hopper) We really like to take our time there. AK, well we cover it in one day. No real plan there, although the safari animals are more active and visible 1st thing in the AM. FP Bugs Life and double whammy EE (or vice versa), then hit the jungle treks and walking trails. Khali is always last for obvious reasons. One thing I think most will agree on, the earlier you get there, the better chance of alot less wait time. We are ALWAYS first in line at the gate, and have been chosen Family of the Day 3 time @ Epcot, which gave us 1st rides (solo) on TT and MS, FPs for ALL the attractions in FW, and free character photos! Our game plans work for us and as our DD has grown over the years, our game plans have adjusted as well.

Gator
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
For us, I head for the busiest attraction and get a fastpass for later in the day. After that, we go to wherever we want to go. Usually whatever is close wins the battle. The only time I put together a real plan is at Epcot - there's so much live entertainment, you have to have some sort of plan. However, I usually don't put it together until I'm actually in the park and have the schedule.

Disneymom4ever
11-29-2010, 08:12 AM
For my family, this is usually our plan at the beginning of the day:
MK- Head straight to Fantasyland and do rides there. If we're there right at opening, we can usually just walk right on. I refuse to wait really long for those dark rides. From there, whatever land we feel like.
DHS- Straight to TSM to ride, (we don't feel the need to ride twice, so no fastpass), then over to TOT and RRC (fastpass one, ride other).
AK- Straight to EE, ride and fastpass for later, then Safari right after.
Epcot- Definitely Soarin first thing, then TT.
The best advice is be there at opening. I can't stress this enough. We get so much done in those first few hours, no matter how crowded the day is! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
There are many resources that aren't on Intercot you can use to map out touring plans. Most of them you have to pay for. For example at one particular web site touring service, you can input everything about your touring preferences (will you be at opening, sleep in, take a mid-day break, your "must-do rides", dining reservations/meal times, etc) and then spits out a minute by minute itinerary. If that's not your style, go to the library and see if you can get a hold of a copy of the Unofficial Guide, which also has some pre-set options for touring plans.

Most of the time these services aren't necessary. I find that if this is your first trip and feeling overwhelmed, make sure you and your fellow travelers have made a "must-do" list and then plan to make those rides/attractions/shows/character meets or restaurants a priority so that everyone gets to see what is most important to them. Make sure you understand the FastPass system. Like the PP said getting to the parks early for opening is a huge help but if that's not your vacationing style then by all means, sleep in! Just be sure you know what kind of plan you'll need if you get to a park in the late morning or mid-afternoon.

Have a great trip!:mickey: