PDA

View Full Version : Do your remember the track of SM

plutosnana
11-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm not quiet yet a rollercoaster freak. I only did Big Thunder Mountain this year. I've been thinking about riding it, once and a while. Just no loop-de-loops right? I saw a video of it with the lights on, doesn't it just zoom down to the side, over and over?

:goofy:

Strmchsr
11-28-2010, 08:44 AM
You are correct. There are no inversions. It seems like it's going a lot faster than it really is due to the dark, but it's actually a pretty tame coaster.

paragon
11-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Space mountain is probably closer to a "galaxy" coaster than anything. It has mostly spiral turns, and side to side action, with three or four ups and downs. BTM is actually alot tamer than SM, IMO. I find SM to be quite jarring, or bumpy, as in I get banged around a bit, but that is due to the seating, and lack of real head support. Not my favorite ride. EE is better for me, as is RnR.
DW is NOT a thrill ride fan, however she does like SM. It took me several tries just to get her on Splash Mtn, and Thunder, and now they are her favorites. Hmmm, will continue to try to get her on RnR!

WDWfanatic742
11-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Before the refurb a year or two ago, the ride was really bumpy and you could see pretty well in the dark so you could for the most part see where you are going. I haven't ridden since then, but it's supposed to be darker with them enclosing the load station and taking the green stripes off of the cars. Then they smoothed the track out a little, but I still remember people saying it is still very bumpy.

Just a tip: If you or anyone you are going with is tall, make sure to get the front seat in a car as there is more leg room there. I get very cramped being 6'2 in the other two seats.

Ride it and have fun. You'll have wanted to ride it long before then :thumbsup: