PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Hoop Dee Doo from AK

susanccr
11-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Does anyone know about how long it would take to get to Hoop Dee Doo from AK? If doing the 7:15 show at HDD, would leaving AK around 5:30/6:00 be okay? (Planning on using the DW busses) Thanks!

DizneyRox
11-28-2010, 07:36 AM
6 should be fine, I don't bother with all the pictures, etc, if you wanted to, I'd go maybe a little earlier.

I would probably bus over to the Contemporary or MK and boat from there. I really like taking a boat over to the HDD, since it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from the docks.

susanccr
11-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Thank you! Just wanted to get someone's opinion. I thought leaving at 6 should be ok but last time we went it seemed like forever on the bus since when you get to the campground you have to get on another bus. I didn't even think about bussing to MK and taking the boat! I now remember the boat being right by Pioneer Hall. Thanks for the great advice!

DizneyRox
11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
It's all about options... To get there you can bus to the Contemporary, MK, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness and if you have time, even the Grand Floridian/Poly, but those would be my last resort, no pun intended.

I don't much care for the internal busses setup at Fort Wilderness, but it's an option.

I've found the Contemporary busses to be less crowded than those going directly to MK, and in previous years, there were actually more frequent boats from the Contemporary than from MK to FW. With attendence being down, this summer they were only running one boat around the CR/WL/FW loop. They used to run one clockwise and one counter-clockwise. Sure the boat is bigger from MK, but the waits at the Contemporary seems to be less.

susanccr
11-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow, you really know your stuff! :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for all the info. I feel so prepared! I love Intercot!

Goofy4TheWorld
11-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Maybe I am the only one confused, but just to be sure you are clear....

You can't take a bus from Animal Kingdom directly to Magic Kingdom. Only buses coming from a resort get dropped off at the Magic Kingdom bus stops. There are no park-to-park buses directly to the Magic Kingdom bus stops, you would be taken to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then have to monorail or boat over to MK, which would be a bad idea in your situation.

Do like DizneyRox alluded to, you should take the Contemporary bus from Animal Kingdom, not the TTC (aka MK) bus.

CleveRocks
11-28-2010, 11:22 PM
You can take a bus from Animal Kingdom directly to Fort Wilderness. From there, you can take a FW internal bus to near Pioneer Hall, the location of Hoop.

If you don't want to mess with the FW internal bus, then take the bus from Animal Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge and then take a boat from there to FW. Pioneer Hall is the equivalent of a two block walk from the dock.

susanccr
11-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I think I've got it...take bus from AK to Contemporary then boat to FW (which the dock is right by Pioneer Hall, right?) or bus from AK to WL then boat to to FW (same dock, right?) I'm sorry, I know I'm probably making it a lot harder than it actually is! I feel like I need to take a course on DW transportation!:blush:

DizneyRox
11-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Same dock, same boat even. The WL, FW and Contemporary share a boat loop. Not sure which direction is goes in now though. There is a boat fromWL to MK though, it's usually a much bigger boat than the one to FW though.

We had a discussion a while back on the color, I think we decided the flag was blue for the boat that does the resort loop (Contemporary/WL/FW).

There are a ton of ways to get around WDW, working the system comes at a price of multiple trips. The reality is, you can just ask a local cast member. They will usually give you a good enough way to get where you want to go, however it mght not be the quickest.

TexansInNY
11-30-2010, 05:52 PM
There is a boat that goes directly from WL to Fort Wilderness (we take it every time for the Hoop - been in the show twice too - kids anyway). It is the right side of the WL dock and yes drops you pretty much right where you need to be - I wouldn't even say a couple of blocks...less. The left side of the WL dock goes to Contemporary. Enjoy!