PDA

View Full Version : First week of June?

Mrs Bus Driver
11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Been tossing around dates for a possible trip in the coming year and now it looks like the very first week of June will be it. So what are the crowds like at that time?:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
11-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I was in WDW for my birthday, June 13, for the past three years. Even then, almost middle of June, we did not find the crowds to be bad at all. And the weather was very nice, a bit on the hot side, but not uncomfortably hot yet. Its become our second favorite time to visit WDW(our favorite time is around the holidays). We love that its warm enough for swimming everyday, and warm enough to really enjoy the waterparks. Schools down here in Southern Louisiana usually get out right before Memorial Day, or at the latest the first day or so in June, but a lot of schools don't get out until later in June. I think you've picked a great time to visit.

#1donaldfan
11-28-2010, 08:21 AM
June seems to be our average time spent at Disney and we love it....it's hot and a bit crowded, but that's how we like it !!!:mickey:

Gator
11-29-2010, 12:35 AM
June is going to be very hot and humid - you're used to the hot part, but definitely not the humid. You definitely won't like that part.

As far as crowds, I'm not sure where the previous posters were, but at WDW where I was in June, it was really crowded. And the first week will be even more so because they usually have gay days the first week. They usually have a posted schedule online, so if you avoid those parks, you should be OK. However, they will probably prevent you from seeing any discounts that week.

lovinmesomedisney
11-29-2010, 10:50 PM
I agree with Gator. The one and only time I have ever been to DW the first week of June, it was MISERABLY crowded! I swore to never go back at that time of year, and I never have. It was so crowded, it was difficult to get a drink! We have changed to going in September every year, with the occasional additional trip in January or April.

Sweetpea29488
11-30-2010, 10:02 AM
June is going to be very hot and humid - you're used to the hot part, but definitely not the humid. You definitely won't like that part.

As far as crowds, I'm not sure where the previous posters were, but at WDW where I was in June, it was really crowded. And the first week will be even more so because they usually have gay days the first week. They usually have a posted schedule online, so if you avoid those parks, you should be OK. However, they will probably prevent you from seeing any discounts that week.

We got free dining for that time frame (June 1-6). Hope the crowds won't be to bad. We've been at different times of the year, even in July. We usually do o.k. We get to parks before opening, we use EMH-mornings and fastpass. With a little planning I think it'll be o.k.

mdhiggin
11-30-2010, 12:28 PM
We actually went during gay days last year. We avoided the specific park per day, and the crowd level was great. Not too many people at all. I'm planning to go back this year during that time. A lot of people try to avoid being there during gay days, I think, which made the parks pretty nice. We actually have gone six times in the last year, and the only time I found that was better was later in January. The last week of August was good too.

buzznwoodysmom
11-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Gator, according to your signature the last time you were in WDW in June was in 2002. We've been in WDW somewhere between June 5 and June 15 each year for the past three years and the crowds were not bad at all. As a matter of fact we've been at several different times of the year, and my DH even asked "where are all the people" this past June. We also got discounts all three times so there are definitely discounts to be had in June. We were in WDW during the very tail end of Gay Days and it didn't effect us crowd wise either, although we didn't go into the parks on the days listed on their calender.

As far as the weather. We had wonderful weather this past June. We arrived on the 5th I think and we didn't mind the heat, or humidity, until around the 12th. Then the heat was really turned up to a point that it was boardering on miserable. We've experienced much the same weather the two years prior as well. The heat seems to really start to kick in around mid June.

#1donaldfan
11-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Gator, according to your signature the last time you were in WDW in June was in 2002. We've been in WDW somewhere between June 5 and June 15 each year for the past three years and the crowds were not bad at all. As a matter of fact we've been at several different times of the year, and my DH even asked "where are all the people" this past June. We also got discounts all three times so there are definitely discounts to be had in June. We were in WDW during the very tail end of Gay Days and it didn't effect us crowd wise either, although we didn't go into the parks on the days listed on their calender.

As far as the weather. We had wonderful weather this past June. We arrived on the 5th I think and we didn't mind the heat, or humidity, until around the 12th. Then the heat was really turned up to a point that it was boardering on miserable. We've experienced much the same weather the two years prior as well. The heat seems to really start to kick in around mid June.

I agree that June is a great time to visit....tell me what time of year Disney is NOT crowded....??? NYE was our worst, however I'm sure someone will disagree in some aspect.....we handle crowds very well, the heat we handle well, and if free dinning is offered we take it in June.....

finaldynasty
11-30-2010, 11:25 PM
In addition to gay days, star wars weekends span from May to mid-June on the weekends. I've been around for both and crowds have varied...my best advice is to have a plan, be flexible, and have fun. Even if it is crowded and hot, your at WDW!!!

MOJoe
12-01-2010, 12:37 PM
In addition to gay days, star wars weekends span from May to mid-June on the weekends. I've been around for both and crowds have varied...my best advice is to have a plan, be flexible, and have fun. Even if it is crowded and hot, your at WDW!!!

This is a common time for my family to visit WDW. And yes it varies some from year to year. Plan on it being hot, but it could be opressive. There will be some thundershowers, but it could storm every afternoon. There will be lots of people, but certain days/parks may be packed. Even so, this is a good time to go, since i have kids in school. And for sure, the later in the summer it is, the hotter and more crowded it gets.

Silver_Surfer
12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Thunderstorms? In the afternoon? Please explain, how long does it storm, only in the afternoon? Should we be packing a rain-coat? Sorry I'm coming next May-June from all the way from the other side of the US

Aurora
12-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Thunderstorms? In the afternoon? Please explain, how long does it storm, only in the afternoon? Should we be packing a rain-coat? Sorry I'm coming next May-June from all the way from the other side of the US

I used to joke to people that it rains every day in Disney World at 5 o'clock for 15 minutes. That, of course, is an exaggeration, but you can count on a relatively brief thunderstorm in the mid- to late afternoon on any given day. And sometimes the rain lasts a long time, sometimes there's no rain at all. If you plan for rain, you won't be disappointed if you don't get any. :D

Aurora
12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
We were at WDW June 7-15 in 2008. The crowds were light to moderate at the beginning of our stay, and heavier as the days went on. That first Sunday we went to Star Wars weekend at DHS and the crowds were very manageable. The kids even got a front row seat for the parade in front of the Mickey hat about 15 minutes before the parade start time.

Weather was warm -- highs were in the upper 80s and low 90s, lows in the upper 60s and low 70s. All in all, a great trip. We're planning another trip next year for the same week.