PDA

View Full Version : SpaceMountains new sounds..

dsnyfan001
11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Hey all!

I would like to know who rode on Space Mountain with the new Starry O Phonic sounds? Does it make the ride better?? Ill be there in two weeks just wondering what your thoughts were :)

grumpyguy
11-24-2010, 07:14 AM
I rode SM back at the end of september.While the added sound effects do not resemble the quality of audio you experience on RnRc...I thought it was cool.It added to the "spacey" feel to your rocketship.The ride is darker now too which is cool too.I am not a fan of the new "ceiling" in the boarding area,I really liked the big spacious feel with the chocolate chip cookie projection on the old ceiling.Also,their is an odd portion of the waiting line once you have made it through the mountain (updated) and you pass command center if you are directed to the left you have to walk behind a wall that blocks view of everything/anything??
Overall I liked the updates,It's one of my favorite attractions for sure:thumbsup:

SoaringEpcot
11-24-2010, 11:13 AM
I rode it a few weeks ago as well. While the sounds did add a little something to the effects of the ride, I was expecting a little more, like the one at Disenyland.:sad:

Kaps
11-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Rode two weeks ago a few times and didn't notice anything to write home about. It did break down twice in four days thought that after a lengthy refurb they could get it right. Down two whole days

Melanie
11-24-2010, 01:36 PM
While nothing like the Disneyland version (just not possible with existing ride vehicles), it definitely adds something. Couldn't hurt, that's for sure. I like it.

WDWPrincess
11-24-2010, 07:45 PM
So sad that they did not bite the bullet and convert the Florida rockets into the Disneyland versions with onboard audio. They had to shut down the attraction anyway - so it only made sense to go ahead and do it.

disneymom2000
11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
It added to the "spacey" feel to your rocketship.The ride is darker now too which is cool too.

Darker huh? It was pretty dark to start with. All I could ever see when I rode it was the neon light on other cars as they were going through the tracks. Can't wait to ride it again.

dsnyfan001
11-24-2010, 10:11 PM
2 more weeks for me :) i cant wait! thanks for all your inputs! :thumbsup:

Insanity Clause
11-26-2010, 10:21 AM
We leave a week from tomorrow and this is one of the things I am looking most forward to. In 2001 I couldn't ride this because I was 5 months pregnant with DS and when we went in April 2009 it was being refurb, so I have been looking forward to riding this for years. I don't have DL to compare it too so hopefully it will live up to the expectations!

8 days till we pile in the van! So excited!