PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Restaurant Marakkesh

andypooh
11-23-2010, 05:45 PM
What does everyone think of this restaurant?

mickeymousedabomb
11-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Well it's been since 2007 since we've had a dining expierence here. I remember that the restaurant is very beautiful inside with tiled walls all around. We were close to the area where the belly dancer was and she was great. We tried a platter between two of us which was a sample of alot of different things and the kids got simple kids meals. I remember going away a little hungry but it was because we weren't to sure about taking on a full morraccan meal by ourselves. It's not that we don't want to return here, it's the simple fact that there are still so many places we haven't tried that we'd like to. Overall we had a great expierence here, loved the atmosphere and will someday do this again!

akaDisneyDreamer
11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
We ate there in 2008 and it was good, we tried some food we'd never had before, some sort of chicken and couscous (in fact we loved the couscous so much we make it ourselves now!). We also got to sit near the belly dancing area and found the entertainment to be a lot of fun. The restaurant was very pretty and we had outstanding service. Although it's not a must do for us with each visit, it is a place we would like to go to again, once we've hit all the other places we still haven't tried!

I give it a :thumbsup:

lovin'fl
11-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Yuck!!!

2MuchWDFun
11-23-2010, 11:13 PM
We have eaten here just about every trip...have always enjoyed our meal whether it was lunch or dinner. We usually get the combination meal--gives a nice variety.
I personally love the Beef Brewat appetizer--it is a pastry with beef, and a touch of cinnamon (sweet and savory pastry-yumm!); and the couscous. My DH's favorite is the lamb shank. We both enjoy the mint tea. For dessert try the baklava.

Give it a try! I think you'll enjoy it.

DisneyMom12
11-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Yuck!!!

I could not agree more.

SpecJoe Magic
11-24-2010, 04:49 AM
I was disappointed, though a lot of it has to do with what I ordered as an entree. I normally order lamb at the Morocco counter service place, Tangerine Cafe, so I decided to order lamb at Marakkesh as well. It turns out that the lamb at Marakkesh isn't nearly as good as the lamb at Tangerine Cafe. My wife felt the same way. That said, the appetizer for two, which contained a variety of foods, that we ordered was much better with the chicken bastilla being our favorite. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably get something with chicken bastilla as an entree. Overall, it was a decent restaurant experience, but nowhere near my favorites at WDW. I should mention that we ate there at lunch, which meant that there wasn't any entertainment, but it probably didn't make much difference in regards to the food.

SBETigg
11-24-2010, 06:51 AM
It's fun, but not one of the more authentic World Showcase dining experiences. It was good when we were there, but we haven't been back in ten years. My kids are not fans of it. I keep thinking that we'll try it again sometime, but there are just too many really outstanding places to try. We do like Tangierine Cafe, the quick service option.

Scar
11-24-2010, 09:48 AM
I ate there twice and would again. I thought it was very good both times.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-24-2010, 10:33 AM
For us, the atmosphere was quite nice but the food was gross:sick:

Gator
11-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I really liked that place. They spices they used were so good - tasty but not hot. The lamb shank was good. My wife had some kind of combo plate and she really liked it, too. Plus you get a belly dancer. Ain't nothing wrong with that.:D

MNNHFLTX
11-24-2010, 12:34 PM
We went during free dining and did not enjoy the experience very much. Diners were packed in like sardines and our table was in a corner about as far away from the belly-dancing stage as you can get. Service was spotty too. I do have to say that the food was quite good (loved the Bastilla for dessert, and this from someone who rarely eats dessert!) But I much prefer the Tangerine Cafe for the quality of food, ambience and the value.

ElenitaB
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but while I love the cuisine, I'm not a Marrakesh fan at all. Wasn't a fan of the service either. As for the belly dancer, I enjoy watching the woman outside more.

Like others, I prefer Tangierine Cafe to Marrakesh.

Suz36
11-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Put me in the thumbs down category. The atmosphere was great, but the food was not to our liking, and the service wasn't the best, either. Glad we tried it once, but certainly would not be in a hurry to return.

TheRustyScupper
11-28-2010, 12:41 AM
1) The eatery is a delight for the uninitiated.
2) Unfortunately, many do not experiment with ethnic foods.
3) The restaurant gives all the opportunity to visit another culture.
4) Sure, the menu is somewhat Americanized, as other Epcot eateries.
5) But, one still gets the flavour of a foreign land.
6) All should try it once and make up their own mid.

NOTE: Besides, the fathers can tell the wife and kiddies how to learn about Mediterranean foods, while they witness the belly dancing. Education is a good thing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-29-2010, 10:57 AM
For us, the atmosphere was quite nice but the food was gross:sick:..

Forgot to mention, I do love middle eastern food, just did not like their's....