PDA

View Full Version : Annual Meeting

MariMouse
11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
We are going to be at Disney World when the annual meeting is taking place. Has anyone been to one and is it worth it to attend? Also, how long do the meetings last? Thanks in advance!:mickey:

dlpmikki
11-27-2010, 07:18 AM
We have been to a few. The last one (2 years ago for us) was a combined one for all the DVC resorts and as a result went on for rather longer than we expected - at least a couple of hours I think. It was interesting and worth going if you have the time.

FiggyFan
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
It sounds like they allow 30 minutes for the Board of Director's Meeting, and then start the Member's Annual meeting. Last year, the Board of Director's meeting was scheduled to start at 1:00, and the Member's meeting (for the individual resorts) was scheduled for 2:00. This year they have shortened the Board of Director's Meeting to 30 minutes, and have scheduled the Member's meeting for 1:30.

I would guess that they have to do things like approval of minutes, presentation of budgets, and so on separately for each resort, which would account for the rest of the time.

It might be worth going to once, but I don't think I would take time out of a WDW vacation to attend. I went to an annual meeting of our local Boy Scout Council once - it was nothing to write home about - mostly dry recitation of the financial numbers and next year's projections.

MariMouse
11-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I was kind of figuring it might be boring. I think we'll try the Merry Mixer instead--much more fun!